+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I am looking for some more real estate- and possibly hiding places for some of my fishies.

During one of many trips around the deep, dark internet I came across pre-made structures (shelves, caves etc) with magnetic attachments for the glass, back wall and so on.

Does anyone have experience with any such items- and where did you get them from?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I am looking for some more real estate- and possibly hiding places for some of my fishies.

During one of many trips around the deep, dark internet I came across pre-made structures (shelves, caves etc) with magnetic attachments for the glass, back wall and so on.

Does anyone have experience with any such items- and where did you get them from?

Iron magnets will rust in seawater, I'm not sure about rare earth magnets. Even encapsulated magnets can fail - they are often used in "algae scrubbers" and it is pretty common to see those split from expanding rust.

Jay

Jasongtr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iron magnets will rust in seawater, I'm not sure about rare earth magnets. Even encapsulated magnets can fail - they are often used in "algae scrubbers" and it is pretty common to see those split from expanding rust.

Jay
Ferrite ones dont as used in most return pump impellers and many wavemaker mounts

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Torch SALE
Back