Macro light 24hrs after calamity and loss

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I some time ago used epsom salt to cure a grouper that had a blockage and was unable to expel waste. It was from a reputable poster on the forum but turned out horribly. I knew it was a gamble to work but never thought it would kill all of my coral. The post said reef safe for standard UPS Espsom. Anyway after that and three months not eating the yhe grouper died and ich set in on the rest. Got throuhht the ich with one dead and one jumped out during. Had a bit of macro. Its supposed to removed toxins. I have changed the water since the epsom but like copper is I imagine the corals absorbed it and are now dead. So to get the Chaeto going I am running my Kessil H80 time flora 24 hrs in the refugium. I am trying to get the OGO going to but looks like its not gonna grow. I read that most ways work for macro even 24 hours. Just wanted your experiences.

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
used epsom salt to cure a grouper that had a blockage and was unable to expel waste. It was from a reputable poster on the forum but turned out horribly.
that’s new to me…Also epsom salts is magnesium sulfate …
I know mag isn’t super critical “above” a certain threshold, but that seems a weird use given it effects the water chemistry somewhat (that’s without knowing the dosage however)

…I don’t think you gotta worry about epsom salts leaching from the rocks

As for macro algae: I’ve never been able to mix or grow chaeto with anything but chaeto. Ogo can be finicky (or not)
What are you trying to accomplish with the Ogo? (macros are used to mostly deal with nitrate and phosphate )

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s new to me…Also epsom salts is magnesium sulfate …
I know mag isn’t super critical “above” a certain threshold, but that seems a weird use given it effects the water chemistry somewhat (that’s without knowing the dosage however)

…I don’t think you gotta worry about epsom salts leaching from the rocks

As for macro algae: I’ve never been able to mix or grow chaeto with anything but chaeto. Ogo can be finicky (or not)
What are you trying to accomplish with the Ogo? (macros are used to mostly deal with nitrate and phosphate )
Most people have said the same. But after the epsom salt the salt spiked so high on the refractometer that I had to changed about 100 percent of the water to get the level to normal. The sinularia turned black and died. The Anthelia slowly died. The Palys died and eventually all the gsp died. I'm afraid if I add new coral it will die. I like the Ogo. I'm trying to just help the system. I read macro is able to trap other inpurities or toxins so thats why I'm trying it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back