Lyretail and Bimac

Bacon and Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of adding some Fiji lyretail anthias to my existing trio of bimac anthias (1 male, 2 females).

Currently I have 3 female lyretails in QT. I have tried shipping 2 of the deep red Fiji males already with the idea of adding the new ones all at once; however, both males have not survived shipping. I might look into finding one at my lfs, but…

What are the chances 1 that of my female lyretails will transition into a male? Specifically, will the presence of the Bimac male inhibit the transition that would normally occur?

Last edited:

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of adding some Fiji lyretail anthias to my existing trio of bimac anthias (1 male, 2 females).

Currently I have 3 female lyretails in QT. I have tried shipping 2 of the deep red Fiji males already with the idea of adding the new ones all at once; however, both males have not survived shipping. I might look into finding one at my lfs, but…

What are the chances 1 that of my female lyretails will transition into a male? Specifically, will the presence of the Bimac male inhibit the transition that would normally occur?
It possibly could keep one from turning male but Im not sure as Ive never kept any anthias other than lyertails

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back