• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for True Nano Conches

kazeespada

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love conches. I think they are super cute. However, I have an 8 gallon nano reef. To small for the commonly available conch species. I am looking for anyone who may have Maculastombus Maculatus AKA Strombus Maculatus. A true nano conch. Everywhere I look, I can't seem to find these or instead get Dove snails(Columbellidae spp.) which are not true conches. If you have some for sale, I would like to buy some.

Nutramar Foods

420yoshi

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love conches. I think they are super cute. However, I have an 8 gallon nano reef. To small for the commonly available conch species. I am looking for anyone who may have Maculastombus Maculatus AKA Strombus Maculatus. A true nano conch. Everywhere I look, I can't seem to find these or instead get Dove snails(Columbellidae spp.) which are not true conches. If you have some for sale, I would like to buy some.
try a tiger conch, they stay pretty small.

BRS

Clutchiee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every recommendation says they need at least 30 gallons to find enough food, and they grow to 3 inches long. At some point it would outgrow the 8 gallon.
I put one in my 20 long and it decimated my hair algae in less than a week. I’m talking 2” hair algae that i never once cleaned. It’s now climbing on my rockscape to grab some more 2”+ hair algae. I hope it doesn’t starve.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

JBJAquarium.com
Back