OP
JRPYL

JRPYL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if they’ve fixed their issues or not yet, but when I was looking for a tank was right about the time the red seas started having seal failures. That was enough for me to look elsewhere as I have no desire for 83gal of saltwater on my floor.
Exactly

RWReefer

Funding a new addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been buying used or new still in box to save money. Got that reefmat for 50 bucks octo 110 still on box for 80 bucks a 2 AI prime with arms for 300.
Looks like the octo 110 footprint is slightly smaller than the 150, so you should have a pretty good idea how it’ll sit in the sump and whether or not you think you can fit a refugium in there as well.

OP
OP
JRPYL

JRPYL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C
Sump is 31.5” x 16.1” x 15”

I settled on the waterbox 110 after also seeing the Red Sea issues. Too new to the hobby to have a comment on the sump, but it can hold a skimmer, some live rock, and more than enough return pump to meet all the needs I need from it.

IMG_5719.jpeg

IMG_5699.jpeg

Sump is 31.5” x 16.1” x 15”
Great that's what I need

OP
OP
JRPYL

JRPYL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the octo 110 footprint is slightly smaller than the 150, so you should have a pretty good idea how it’ll sit in the sump and whether or not you think you can fit a refugium in there as well.
That Red Sea skimmer is even smaller as it has an internal pump but couldn't pass up the 110 for 80 bucks.

danreef55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
We're thrilled to have you join our reefing community. Whether you're just starting out or have years of experience, there's always something new to learn and share here. Feel free to dive into the discussions, ask questions, and share your own reefing adventures. We're all here to help and grow together. Happy reefing

1725228449220.png

teaktoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, new here.

It's been 30 years since I was into aquariums. Looking to build a reef tank. Was looking at a Red Sea 350 G2 but after going through all the threads about leaks I'm starting to change my mind. The size is just right so next on the list is the Water Box 110. Basically the same dimensions. I have a reefmat 500 that I scored for 50 bucks but I see that there some modifications that need to be done to the sump?? I do like the configuration of the red sea sump and thought about using it under the water box tank but can find any dimensions for the water box sump to see if the red sea one will fit in the stand. Heard a lot of good things about Innovated Marine set ups too. Looking at the sump the reefmat seems it would be obsolete. Any other good reliable tanks that don't have a bad rap for leaking? My space I'm working with, a 48 long x 20 deep x 20+ high would fit just right. Thanks in advance for any advice.
The RedSea G2 tanks themselves and sumps are great due to the thickness, inner corner protection and all glass sump components (pending your setup). While I went with the GS s-1000 max thinking it was more economical (and it is), I am one who has opted for significant upgrades in lighting and additional pumps, etc. If I were in the market, RedSea due to the warranty and construction for the tank itself would certainly be equal to waterbox or a local custom design. You are on the right path.

OP
OP
JRPYL

JRPYL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RedSea G2 tanks themselves and sumps are great due to the thickness, inner corner protection and all glass sump components (pending your setup). While I went with the GS s-1000 max thinking it was more economical (and it is), I am one who has opted for significant upgrades in lighting and additional pumps, etc. If I were in the market, RedSea due to the warranty and construction for the tank itself would certainly be equal to waterbox or a local custom design. You are on the right path.
Thanks for the info. I went to my local saltwater store and they said most of the leaking was due to improper installation. Meaning the tank wasn't level on all corners. Twisted a little casues the seams to leak. They have 75 red sea tanks they do maintenance on and none have ever had an issue.
Thanks again. I'm going for the 350 G2+

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
tenecor

Joes glass cages

Planet

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back