Looking for feedback on how everything looks in my biocube 32?

sadrobotz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends, this is my first saltwater tank that has been running for 3 weeks. I started with 15 pounds of live rock, 10 pounds dry rock, and 20 pounds of live sand. I like to be as hands-off as possible, so I let my tank do its thing and it cycled in about 2 weeks. Thanks to some incredibly kind people in the saltwater community around me, I was gifted these corals and fish. Does everything look like it’s doing well so far? I’m thrilled the zoas are open, and the gsp is as well. Does the Kenya tree look ok? And the mushrooms and Xenia? Thanks so much!

LiLinka

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks great man. Only suggestion. From me would be some clean up crew to help with that algea you got. You can try some emerald crabs or Hermits to eat the hair algea or manual removal. I would also test parameters if you haven’t already. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
sadrobotz

sadrobotz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks great man. Only suggestion. From me would be some clean up crew to help with that algea you got. You can try some emerald crabs or Hermits to eat the hair algea or manual removal. I would also test parameters if you haven’t already. Hope this helps!
Sweet, thank you! I was holding off on my CUC until things got a bit more settled and seasoned, but maybe I’ll look into getting an emerald crab. What about arrow crabs, are those helpful?

BRS

LiLinka

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re scavengers. I know they eat bristle worms and eat any eaten food from fish. I don’t really like them because they can eat inverts as well as pick at certain coral. Better off getting a cleaner shrimp to do the same thing.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back