+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall,

I just got a new G6 XR15 and was wondering about the ramp up and down. I decided to run the lps/softie schedule. I came accross a BRS article saying that its best to run a modified schedule if you want a longer photoperiod (say 12 hours vs 8 hours). By only expanding the sun and moon set points, and then having a short ramp up of the whites to a 6 hour peak ramp back down to blues, and then ramp the blues back down for the remainder of time. My question is, how long should the white ramp up be? One hour? Half hour? I guess the idea behind this is to maintain the spectrum. Thanks!

Screenshot_20230115-125733_Mobius.jpg Screenshot_20230115-125711_Mobius.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey yall,

I just got a new G6 XR15 and was wondering about the ramp up and down. I decided to run the lps/softie schedule. I came accross a BRS article saying that its best to run a modified schedule if you want a longer photoperiod (say 12 hours vs 8 hours). By only expanding the sun and moon set points, and then having a short ramp up of the whites to a 6 hour peak ramp back down to blues, and then ramp the blues back down for the remainder of time. My question is, how long should the white ramp up be? One hour? Half hour? I guess the idea behind this is to maintain the spectrum. Thanks!

View attachment 2975876 View attachment 2975877
5% every other day is what I utilize

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar as reefer above me. I like to imitate nature and in tropics where coral are from sun rises and sets fast. Many coral farmers have simple, short ramp time and they seem to make money out of growing corals. You can copy WWC settings from their website.

OP
OP
Hellic

Hellic

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your corals/anemones tend to pucker up their mouths with your schedule? I think mine are still adjusting to the radions but I've noticed today my anemones mouths get really puckered out like a tiny mountain during the blue ramp up and then the white ramp up. They level out later just not sure if they are disliking the intensity or if its not intense enough.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back