Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an established 40 gallon mixed reef tank, with generally low nutrients level(no3 1~5 and po4 <0.03) and heavy feeding daily. Due to some reasons I removed one of the big rock in it and am going to replace it with another live rock I purchased.

The new rock is transported without water and only for less than 24 hours. When it arrived I didn't smell anything bad to too fishy on it, but rather fresh oceanic smell. I put it in a bucket with 24 hours lighting and a small aerator for 3 days now. I have been testing all these days for NO3 and PO4, and they were between 0.5~2 for no3 and <0.03 for po4, and the numbers are still decreasing. Plus I was able to observe some tiny green algae are starting to grow on the rock.

The local fish store told me I need to wait at least 1~2 weeks before I put it in my aquarium, but given the stats and condition mentioned above, what would you guys recommend me doing at this point? Would it be ok if I start to put the rock in the main aquarium and put my sps and lps on it now?

I appreciate to all the reply and advise I get in advanced! Happy reefing to you all!
rock1.jpg
rock2.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
BRS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Gluemasters - your best choice for CA super glue
Back