Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to upgrade my light i currently have a mariglo aqua one light which i know isnt that good. I would like to upgrade to something that doesnt put me in debt but i will also be able to grow a few sps such as acros and maybe montis however majoritly lps, also i would like to be able to control it with my phone and something that will last for a while, i dont mind spending a bit but if i am i want to keep the light for a while. . The measurements of the tank are 60cmx45cmx45cm or for the americans 24 inches x 18 inches x 18 inches.
Any reply would be helpful, Thanks.

Nutramar Foods

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run 2 AI 26HD's you can get them for cheap and run them off your phone. Then you can also upgrade the LEDs to

Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't touch an AI Blade until they get their quality control figured out. Missing entire ends of fixtures, wires exposed, light is a different color on each end of the fixture, and outright failures. The 54cm (21") model is also only 40 watts.

I would buy a Noopsyche k7 over a Blade. If money wasn't an issue, I would light a 2' tank with a Reefi Uno.

Are you in Australia?

liddojunior

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't touch an AI Blade until they get their quality control figured out. Missing entire ends of fixtures, wires exposed, light is a different color on each end of the fixture, and outright failures. The 54cm (21") model is also only 40 watts.

I would buy a Noopsyche k7 over a Blade. If money wasn't an issue, I would light a 2' tank with a Reefi Uno.

Are you in Australia?

I’ve only seen good reviews on the blade. I have one and it’s amazing. Easy to control with phone and great for any corals.

Your suggestions aren’t fitting his requirement of easy to control with phone. The Ai app is the easiest app and it’s budget friendly.

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only seen good reviews on the blade.
See these 2 threads:
1st thread has lots of people with the problems I mentioned. The lights arrive on about page 11:
Your suggestions aren’t fitting his requirement of easy to control with phone.
You can control both of my suggestions with a phone. The Noopsyche App stinks, but beanimal has QR code on this site. Reefi App is great.
The Ai app is the easiest app and it’s budget friendly.
I wouldn't call 189.99$ for 40 watts budget friendly.

OP
OP
Benny_Mac0

Benny_Mac0

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you in Australia?
Yes.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Printed Reef - Custom Reef Accessories
Back