Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at buying a second hand reef tank with the stock aqua one light. The Mariglo 60. I would like another light (probably not straight away), I would like to keep sps but also not break the bank, i also want something that is controllable with my phone. The light will do for now as all their is is an anemone and a hammer coral. The previous owner said that he was having a bit of trouble with the hammer coral, I think this is due to the lighting as it is a 45cm deep tank with a 25 watt light. I was looking at the viparspectra 165, is this good and any recommendations would be great.
Thanks in advance.

World Wide Corals

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at buying a second hand reef tank with the stock aqua one light. The Mariglo 60. I would like another light (probably not straight away), I would like to keep sps but also not break the bank, i also want something that is controllable with my phone. The light will do for now as all their is is an anemone and a hammer coral. The previous owner said that he was having a bit of trouble with the hammer coral, I think this is due to the lighting as it is a 45cm deep tank with a 25 watt light. I was looking at the viparspectra 165, is this good and any recommendations would be great.
Thanks in advance.
In my book, I would go for an AI Prime light on a tank like that! It's a cracking wee light, and you can pick them up for a decent price used.. :) Easy to set up, easy to control and it doesn't hurt in my book that they look the part as well, however that's just a bonus!

OP
OP
Benny_Mac0

Benny_Mac0

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my book, I would go for an AI Prime light on a tank like that! It's a cracking wee light, and you can pick them up for a decent price used.. :) Easy to set up, easy to control and it doesn't hurt in my book that they look the part as well, however that's just a bonus!
i was just looking and i think the ai 32hd might be the way to go

Top Shelf Aquatics

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was just looking and i think the ai 32hd might be the way to go
Absolutely! You might need to turn it down a fair bit though. I run two AI Hydra 26's on a set of Fluval Evo tanks. Got they cheap, but wildly overkill for my application ;)

Might take that premium though and save for a rainy day!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back