Lighting a rimmed reef tank

Raiden06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this is my first time writing on here and I am a bit stumped, I am trying to setup a 75 gallon reef tank and the tank just got filled with water, sand and the filter is running, I am trying to find the best lighting option for a reef tank but most of what I have seen online are stands that only support rimless aquariums (mine has a standard rim) and fixtures that hang from the ceiling (that really isn't a good option for me as I am not confident in my ceilings material, I'm also not very handy). I constantly see people with lighting that hangs fairly high above the aquarium, and I am wondering if there are any other ways I can mount appropriate coral lights or if there are any lighting options that I could rest on the rim. Thank you in advanced.

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean like a mounting arm for your lights, for HOB style? I believe many lights have a mounting arm option, although some need to be bought separately.

My nicrew light came with a mounting arm and its mounted on a rimmed tank, and I had to buy the gooseneck mount for AI Prime, which is also mounted on a rimmed tank.

Sorry if I misunderstand.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do you mean like a mounting arm for your lights, for HOB style? I believe many lights have a mounting arm option, although some need to be bought separately.

My nicrew light came with a mounting arm and its mounted on a rimmed tank, and I had to buy the gooseneck mount for AI Prime, which is also mounted on a rimmed tank.

this is what i assumed as well.

OP, you can also hang your lights to avoid needing the mounting arms if your fear is buying lights or mounts that wont fit with your rimmed tank(which is unlikely because most mounting options are for rimmed tanks)

OP
OP
R

Raiden06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been mainly looking on bulk reef supply and most of their mounting options were for rimless tanks, a lot of other mounting tools said they were discontinued, though I did find the blade smart LED strips which seem like a good option, and they have stands for rimmed tanks as well. I'm thinking of going with the coral grow and coral glow, if anyone has experience with these lights I'd love to hear reviews on it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back