Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a light for my 40 gal mixed reef, for my current light timer function is toast
I am looking for something with a user friendly timer function that is able to support a mixed reef, including Anenomes.
I have done some research and it seems there is lots of options. Is there something you recommend?
Thanks!
97E5B60B-2A1C-457A-BF40-607880FF40D6.jpeg

AS

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two NooPsyche K7 minis. You can't beat the price to performance ratio. @Zach B is the North American distributor for them and has lightning fast shipping. He can answer any questions you might have.

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Rijodan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kinda funny to always see the newest thing mass recommended when its barely been out to get long time reviews. nothing against the blade but come onguys its barely been out and this is a newb wanting long term use, we have no idea how that light will hold up.

personally id recommend these based on price point and experince:

cheap option is a viparspectra/ mars light, my brothers tank (75g) grew sps, lps, softies galore under these. A well-known LFS runs these on all his non-display tanks. they work, not as controllable and maybe not as color manipulatable as other options. ran his tank for 3 years and only changed out cause got a good deal on other lights, both currently run on another club members tank 2 years later.

mid option is 1 or 2 ai16hd maybe a 32 depending what deals you can find or how much par you need. I ran 16s on my 28 for years until i took it down and loved the coloration i could get out of it and all my coral loved it and had no problem growing anything. ran 6 on my 100 until i upgraded later. best app of any of the lights

high option, radion 15s or 30, great light, lots of following lots of support for these. i love mine and they work great what my 100 currently runs. downsides is cost and the app kinda sucks but once you get it set up youll never really mess with the app again.

Rijodan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
biggest thing is theres a thousand ways to get success outta this hobby, find what works for you and run with it.

non experience options is phillip hue, theres a guy in my club that runs these on his tank and his growth is outstanding and looks great, noops are supposedly easy to work with and cheap, orphek bars are basically led t5s and while i havent used them exclusively they do great as add ons

Top Shelf Aquatics

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s really gonna boil down to what you’re looking to spend…. There’s a ton of choices for that size tank and prices all over the place lol… if it were mine I’d run two radion xr15’s but you’re looking close to grand unless you buy used..

OP
OP
GillianB

GillianB

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s really gonna boil down to what you’re looking to spend…. There’s a ton of choices for that size tank and prices all over the place lol… if it were mine I’d run two radion xr15’s but you’re looking close to grand unless you buy used..any Any ideas for 150 or less?

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

dedragon

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions?
This^ and what is the budget as well? Lots of light options and it always comes down to budget, par levels (what corals you want), tank size, mounting options, outside/inside tank aesthetics.
kinda funny to always see the newest thing mass recommended when its barely been out to get long time reviews.
I agree, at least give a range of options and explain that it is very new (some people have reported the exposed wire issue, not sure how those units will hold up)

Seansea

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think kessil 360's on an 18" tank would be overkill. Probably go with 2 kessil a160s which are cheaper and get the spectralx controller and you set. Gives that nice shimmer like if you were out on a real reef.

Top Shelf Aquatics

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love @noopsyche lights. Talk to @Zach B , he's the US Distributor.

They're also running a giveaway right now:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tank Stop
Back