Light Composer backup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Scdell

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.....I had a computer issue and had to reinstall everything.
My light composer backup was on the computer and I don't have another backup.
My question is if there is a way to get it off the P4?
My light program works and I really don't see the need to fiddle with it, but it would be nice to not have to totally redo it.
I'm sure someone has run into this before. Any ideas? There should be a way to do this. Next time I'll back it up to a thumb drive.

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always backup your settings and sensor data here

1672796046575.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always backup your settings and sensor data here

View attachment 2959302

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks, Lasse, but this is basic and I know this. I was hoping for a way to restore the LPC file that's stored in documents on the PC. Looks like that's not a possibility.
I don't have just one light, I have 2 Lx7's and 2 light bars. The only way is see to do this is to open light composer and each individual illumination channel side by side and copy them. That's going to take hours to do. Lesson learned.....

Lasse

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the Lx7 - do you have your P4 as master? I have 4 bars controlled by my P4. I did the first composition in Light composer. After this (and dedication of the different LEDs to different illumination channels) I do not need to use the saved LPC file if I crash my P4 - I just restore the main file from the settings backups and there it is with dedicated illumination channels and so on. If your P4 is the master of your LX (needs a extension card in the P4) - I´ll think its the same - but I can be wrong

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the Lx7 - do you have your P4 as master? I have 4 bars controlled by my P4. I did the first composition in Light composer. After this (and dedication of the different LEDs to different illumination channels) I do not need to use the saved LPC file if I crash my P4 - I just restore the main file from the settings backups and there it is with dedicated illumination channels and so on. If your P4 is the master of your LX (needs a extension card in the P4) - I´ll think its the same - but I can be wrong

Sincerely Lasse
Yes, P4 is the master. I do have the main file restored. Everything works fine, I don't really need anything for it to work. I'd just like to have the LPC file for future tweaks per say. All the settings are on the P4 and I have them backed up. I see no way to convert them to LPC files for light composer. Not a big deal, just trying to save some work for myself. I don't see a way except to do it manually. I'll do it a little bit at a time and it will get done. When I get it done I'll back up my LPC files to a thumb drive.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Cultivated Reef
Back