Lid for tank

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m looking for a recommendation for a new lid for my tank. I have lost numerous fish, some
My own fault due to forgetting to closing the feeding door, but this morning my Bells flasher managed to jump out the smallest crevice of my clear view lid exo. At least this is my assumption since the tank was fully closed and we found it on the floor this morning. I put a photo where I think it jumped from because that’s the only hole that would fit it. $350 down the drain and enjoyed him for less than a 2 weeks.

IMG_4295.jpeg IMG_4297.jpeg IMG_4296.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4294.mov
    34.4 MB

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The puzzle pieces they make collect salt creep and are terrible anyways and eventually crack.

IMG_5128.jpeg

This might be the start of one. Not sure but garbage lids.

I replaced my clearview with octo aquatics and was really happy with that one.

OP
OP
musaabi

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The puzzle pieces they make collect salt creep and are terrible anyways and eventually crack.

IMG_5128.jpeg

The salt creep is real in all the crevices. Thanks I’ll check those out

OP
OP
musaabi

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

IMG_5128.jpeg

Is there any gaps in that lid?

RWReefer

Funding a new addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Accurate and precise measurements are of utmost importance to get any necessary cutouts sized where you won’t have any gaps (depending on if you have any equipment mounted to your tank. I’d imagine if you reach out to them that you can get exactly what you need dialed in.

OP
OP
musaabi

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Second this..Just ordered my second one. Make sure to send them tank pics so all holes for mounts are correct.
I don’t need any cutouts. Lights are hanging, eco tech pumps. I think this is just how clear view lids have their corners. Slightly spaced to fit better is what they say

OP
OP
musaabi

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Accurate and precise measurements are of utmost importance to get any necessary cutouts sized where you won’t have any gaps (depending on if you have any equipment mounted to your tank. I’d imagine if you reach out to them that you can get exactly what you need dialed in.
No need for cuts. I actually have purchased cut out fillers from clear view once I removed my lights. But even the cut outs for those with photos of measurements still leave a good amount of room imo for fish to jump out.

RWReefer

Funding a new addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no gaps anywhere around my tank. The lid rests on the top of the tank so it’s all covered.
No need for cuts. I actually have purchased cut out fillers from clear view once I removed my lights. But even the cut outs for those with photos of measurements still leave a good amount of room imo for fish to jump out.

fangelillo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to website, pick your tank than follow the drop downs to customize. Sounds like you just need the basic setup lid than just add if you want feed ports.

OP
OP
musaabi

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dope thanks yall! Placing an order now. Costs the same price as the fish I just lost so not a bad investment. So disappointed with the clear view. Those should really only be for large fish and they should state it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back