Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming into this late, but I didn't see anyone mention - the sailfin tang is really skinny, to the point of not having enough energy to swim properly. It is also getting bullied (evidenced by the shredded fin). Trouble is, I have no way to tell if this is from a lack of food being added to the tank, or this fish having some internal problem that is preventing the proper absorption of the food.

Jay

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
thehippie45

thehippie45

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming into this late, but I didn't see anyone mention - the sailfin tang is really skinny, to the point of not having enough energy to swim properly. It is also getting bullied (evidenced by the shredded fin). Trouble is, I have no way to tell if this is from a lack of food being added to the tank, or this fish having some internal problem that is preventing the proper absorption of the food.

Jay
Thank you for your response.

I haven't really seen him get bullied but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened obviously.

He's got a little abrasion between his eyes and he sure as heck is bummed out. Sad to see. Hopefully when the lights come on around noon he will be better.

Food is daily. Frozen mysis. Tried some nori yesterday and he/she was mildly interested but not like a week ago.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Inkbird
Back