Leptoseris Polyps or Pest?

eigenbot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this leptoseris frag almost three weeks ago. It has had these little white/purple things on it the whole time, only in this one spot and a smaller second spot. They're usually about the length in these photos, but I've seen one or two long and stringy ones occasionaly (can kind of see one in the back right of most of the photos - that longer skinner thing as similarly coming from the coral. I've dipped the coral in coralRX and seachem reef dip about a week apart, and the white parts shrunk up for a while then came back out.

Are they just polyps? If so, is it strange they seem so localized to mainly one spot? Are they some kind of pest I should be trying to remove before I move them to my main tank?

5K4A7959.jpg

5K4A7971.jpg

5K4A7977.jpg
5K4A7985.jpg

I initially thought they were some kind of pest since I didn't see similar pictures when looking at them online, but have since seen a couple from online coral listings that look similar, like the one below:

1727200224404.png

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back