Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys pretty new to LEDs i come from reefs in the early 2000’s where I put a MH or T5 fixture up and let it go.

Getting back into the hobby with a IM 40 gallon tank, I have a single Radion XR30 Blue with 2 reefbrite strips with it. Unfortunately at this moment I don’t have a par meter something I’ll be looking to get I guess, but messing with all these channels sometimes confuses me. So I don’t use a AB template or anything, I like my tank more blue with a little white, I feel the AB template really washes the colors out, maybe if I gave it time it would be better. Anyways I understand if all color channels and the intensity channel is 100 percent, then the light is 100 percent. However I run all the blue channels at 100 percent, but the rest of the colors I run at 40 and below, so does this mean I should run the overall intensity much higher to get better par/color? Not really sure what intensity to run it at, I have it pretty high like 90 percent, but that would mean the overall intensity is not really 90 percent. Forgot to mention this is a all sps tank all pretty much frags now and they are growing good and coloring ok, always trying to get the best color that will never stop, but I wanna quit messing with my lights. Any help with how the intensity works thanks guys

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey guys pretty new to LEDs i come from reefs in the early 2000’s where I put a MH or T5 fixture up and let it go.

Getting back into the hobby with a IM 40 gallon tank, I have a single Radion XR30 Blue with 2 reefbrite strips with it. Unfortunately at this moment I don’t have a par meter something I’ll be looking to get I guess, but messing with all these channels sometimes confuses me. So I don’t use a AB template or anything, I like my tank more blue with a little white, I feel the AB template really washes the colors out, maybe if I gave it time it would be better. Anyways I understand if all color channels and the intensity channel is 100 percent, then the light is 100 percent. However I run all the blue channels at 100 percent, but the rest of the colors I run at 40 and below, so does this mean I should run the overall intensity much higher to get better par/color? Not really sure what intensity to run it at, I have it pretty high like 90 percent, but that would mean the overall intensity is not really 90 percent. Forgot to mention this is a all sps tank all pretty much frags now and they are growing good and coloring ok, always trying to get the best color that will never stop, but I wanna quit messing with my lights. Any help with how the intensity works thanks guys
In radion, try
White - 29
Blue. 70
Purple. 60
Green 4
Red 4
Uv 75

OP
OP
V

Volcom6981

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys for example BRS says all channels at 100 percent with a 2 foot tank the overall intensity should be set at 65 percent using there par readings.

Let’s say I don’t have all channels at 100 percent, just the blue channels, but have my whites and other colors much lower, does that mean I should have my overall intensity higher then 65 percent to compensate for the color channels not being at 100 percent?

xabo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Clicking a point on the graph will show the actual intensity at that point.

Top Shelf Aquatics
TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Vivid
Back