Lagoon Frags Let's Crowd Source Again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, that was fast! Good job on everything, can't wait to see the renders!
Renders/Photos coming soon. Meanwhile, I "borrowed" your image. :cool: What drawing program was that?

Mr_Knightley

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will the tank itself be available for purchase, without the stand or extras?
Probably. The cost savings won't be much. As we discussed in some other threads, The shipping cost is included in our prices. For these small tanks it is not a big deal but on the larger sizes it makes a difference. We are in the process of evauluating our entire lineup starting with the AIO nanos (done), to these frag tanks (in process) and onward our larger tanks. It comes to down to the fact we can ship a tank for "X" dollars or an entire setup for just literally a few dollars more. What this means is an entire Tenecor setup will be lower cost than any competitive glass setup. Especially the larger sizes where the savings are substantial. Our team is adding additional products daily. Heaters, pumps, plumbing. Everything including lighting. I have two container loads of aluminum profile in transit. Half the order is smaller gauge profile we can use for the smaller sizes. We sell a lot of aluminum stands. Google "aluminum aquarium stand" and you can see our organic results. Aluminum light mounts are also coming. Our business right now is bifurcated. We build lots of big stuff - big to us is over 400 gallons. And lots of small stuff. Like ATO reservoirs. Google that and you see we rate pretty good with that one too. Then there is the drop in AIO kits and baffles. The list goes on. Bottom line, we are going to look at every competitive offering and address them with our own candidates. More than what you asked but it talks to the reason we are offering complete setups.

Mr_Knightley

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably. The cost savings won't be much. As we discussed in some other threads, The shipping cost is included in our prices. For these small tanks it is not a big deal but on the larger sizes it makes a difference. We are in the process of evauluating our entire lineup starting with the AIO nanos (done), to these frag tanks (in process) and onward our larger tanks. It comes to down to the fact we can ship a tank for "X" dollars or an entire setup for just literally a few dollars more. What this means is an entire Tenecor setup will be lower cost than any competitive glass setup. Especially the larger sizes where the savings are substantial. Our team is adding additional products daily. Heaters, pumps, plumbing. Everything including lighting. I have two container loads of aluminum profile in transit. Half the order is smaller gauge profile we can use for the smaller sizes. We sell a lot of aluminum stands. Google "aluminum aquarium stand" and you can see our organic results. Aluminum light mounts are also coming. Our business right now is bifurcated. We build lots of big stuff - big to us is over 400 gallons. And lots of small stuff. Like ATO reservoirs. Google that and you see we rate pretty good with that one too. Then there is the drop in AIO kits and baffles. The list goes on. Bottom line, we are going to look at every competitive offering and address them with our own candidates. More than what you asked but it talks to the reason we are offering complete setups.
This is very interesting, thanks for the insight! I had never thought of it like that before, but it makes total sense. Very interesting to get a look at this from the perspective of the manufacturer!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think as long as there's sufficient room for a small return, a small heater, & a small sock or some floss, anything could work. A simple 2-3 stage baffle system could work too.
View attachment 2621505
Help me out here. Maybe an oversight. The third chamber from the left where you have the heater seems stagnant if you will. No circulation. Is this by your design? I made some changes to this layout. specifically more like your left set of drawings. Three chamber AIO's all of the chambers 5 inches by 5 inches with the exception of the 30 inch where the middle and return chambers will be 6 inches long due to possible interference with the light mount bracket. As I updated my advisory group, prototypes are scheduled for production next week. Photos to be taken concurrently.

Mr_Knightley

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help me out here. Maybe an oversight. The third chamber from the left where you have the heater seems stagnant if you will. No circulation. Is this by your design? I made some changes to this layout. specifically more like your left set of drawings. Three chamber AIO's all of the chambers 5 inches by 5 inches with the exception of the 30 inch where the middle and return chambers will be 6 inches long due to possible interference with the light mount bracket. As I updated my advisory group, prototypes are scheduled for production next week. Photos to be taken concurrently.
Good catch, I totally didn't notice that one! You should probably replace that with a double baffle, like this.
Untitled.png

Mr_Knightley

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may not relate to this exact build, but it's too much fun so I made another baffle design. Do with it what you will, it's just more space efficient than my other one.
Untitled.png

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some quick Preliminary renders. The tank will have a perimeter top. No Eurobrace. AIO cover will be included. The return will probably be moved to the short wall since it will have dual loc-lines, one flared, one round nozzle.

11.jpg

The final version stand will have rounded front corners a more net size dimensions to match the tank.

22.jpg

The AIO will be a full 5 inches wide. All three chambers will also be 5 inches long. The exception is the 30 inch where chambers middle and right be 6 inches long to prevent possible interference with a bracket mount light.

33.jpg

Simple three piece design.

Mr_Knightley

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some quick Preliminary renders. The tank will have a perimeter top. No Eurobrace. AIO cover will be included. The return will probably be moved to the short wall since it will have dual loc-lines, one flared, one round nozzle.

View attachment 2622769
The final version stand will have rounded front corners a more net size dimensions to match the tank.

View attachment 2622770
The AIO will be a full 5 inches wide. All three chambers will also be 5 inches long. The exception is the 30 inch where chambers middle and right be 6 inches long to prevent possible interference with a bracket mount light.

View attachment 2622771
Simple three piece design.
these look so great! Is this the 20-20-6? I really like the stand too, super minimalistic design!

Woodyman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 2622769

View attachment 2622770

View attachment 2622771
Simple three piece design.i

I can see these looking slick at show! Stand covered in all sorts of reefing stickers!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these look so great! Is this the 20-20-6? I really like the stand too, super minimalistic design!
Yes, appears to be smallest one. The photos will be up next week. I have another little surprise in store..

Mr_Knightley

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Woodyman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps I missed it, but would there be slots in the euro bracing for lighting mounts? Some of the AIO areas don’t look wide enough for two lights on those lagoons

The tanks above @Tenecor Aquariums said no eurobracing

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Your Reef
Back