• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ktar's Dynamite Chalice Frag Pack Grow Out

Top Shelf Aquatics

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Corals have settled in nicely and are eating. Here are some pics that I took the other day just right after feeding. Slower chalices had not finished yet.

Dynamite (1 eye)

IMG_0145a.jpg

Tyree Volcano (1 eye)
IMG_0146a.jpg

Bahama Mama (1 Big Eye)
IMG_0148a.jpg

Orenji (2 eyes)
IMG_0149a.jpg

Doomsday (2 eyes)
IMG_0150a.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Guys

I have not put the puddy around the guys yet. that is planned for this weekend. I wanted to make sure they were good and settle in. It looks like we have a new eye forming the Kratos. everyone else is just eating and doing well. I am planning on doing a picture update once a month which would be 6/23 if that is ok with every one.

ptboy6

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good to me. Just be sure to update us on if anything happens(*knocks on wood). I think once a month should keep the thread nice and short that way it's easier to keep a good track record of what's going on without having to re-read through a bunch of pages. I'm lazy. :tongue:

BRS
OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good to me. Just be sure to update us on if anything happens(*knocks on wood). I think once a month should keep the thread nice and short that way it's easier to keep a good track record of what's going on without having to re-read through a bunch of pages. I'm lazy. :tongue:

Agreed.

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I will plan on picture updates on a weekend that is in 20s of each month. If anything goes wrong an update will be immediately. Other then that figure I am slaving away on feeding the tank and monitoring the water parameters. ;)

BRS

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update time: Guys I did not get a chance to get the putty around the chalice yet but I will have it done with in the next week and put new pics up once completed. The only thing I will report is the Bahamma Mamma I just moved into even lower flow. The rest seem to be happy but the Bahamma Mamma does not so I have moved it.
Dynamite (1 eyes with another forming)
IMG_0172a.jpg

Doomsday (2 eyes)
IMG_0175a.jpg

Tyree Volcano (1 eye, Trying to keep it in really lower light so it stays purple)
IMG_0176a.jpg

Orenji (2 eyes)
IMG_0177a.jpg

Bahama Mama (1 Big Eye might have another eye forming in upper right corner)
IMG_0178a.jpg

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my personal volcano so I am trying to keep our purple by keeping it under very very low light compared to mine.

IMG_0191a.jpg

Mine has turned more red with a blue rim. The only difference I have mine sitting on the bottom under 2 blue lights and I have the one in the growout under a frag rack with no direct light on it.

Same coral just where you keep them.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Joker. I do enjoy it see the changes in the chalice. When I spot a new eye. Like I said the Bahamma Mama seems to want even lower flow then the rest. Not sure if it is just how it is mounted or if that is what it really likes. I will give you guys a full detail when they get divided so you know where to keep them.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back