• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ktar's Acan Growout

rosko23

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the weather in Chicago? I'll be in town just after the new year for 4 days.

In addition to visiting family+friends, I'll be going to see what can be done about my dad's 90 gallon which has been running for over 10 years but is currently looking very sad (crashed about 1-2 years ago). I may downgrade him over the course of next year, jorge I will need some help stocking his tank eventually and will be contacting you about that.

Cold... But not crazy cold...
And of course... Can always help u with that! Lol

I'm trying to get pics. But my daughters are not cooperating... Lol

Top Shelf Aquatics

rosko23

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have pictures taken. Just need to upload and get head count. Sorry guys...at hospital now with newborn daughter... :(

Was suppose to meet Richie today too but couldn't.

I'll get them up tonight when I get home.
Oh and everything is doing great except blue gecko and I think it's the yellow fever? The single polyp that looked very similar to the blue gecko. Starting to recede. I wonder if its the color. I'm gonna pull those two off to the side ad try and feed 2 times a day bc all others have 4-5 polyps including babies.

Last edited:

rosko23

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will post polyp count later... wifey rushing me.. almost all have 5 polyps including babies.. some 6-7 =) only thing is the 2 yellow ones we had... I'm trying my best to save them.. but when i talked to Kien at Macna he mentioned that Yellow Fever doesn't really grow... so :/
IMG_3095-2_zps6faa1bb2.jpg

IMG_3094-2_zps1f2936b7.jpg

IMG_3093_zps56b55b58.jpg

IMG_3092-2_zps062886ed.jpg

IMG_3091-2_zps5d368c74.jpg

IMG_3090_zpse176439c.jpg

IMG_3089_zps69f817f6.jpg

IMG_3088_zpsceeee231.jpg

IMG_3087_zps8e41e489.jpg

IMG_3086_zps58812cbd.jpg

IMG_3085_zps78c94506.jpg

IMG_3084_zps161ac47a.jpg

IMG_3083_zpsd58aa19c.jpg

IMG_3082_zps34af4c86.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

austx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man those all have such great color, I've started clearing out some space finally for these guys. Cannot wait to get them in the tank! Keep up the good work and we may just have to wait a while longer for those two to actually grow and send out the rest when ready.

Yea the master acan is the main reason I wanted in on this group buy honestly. Thats awesome it transfered the colors cannot believe how sick that piece is haha.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

rosko23

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys been a while since I posted. Couple of issues. Some of these are not so happy into tank. Besides the 2 we lost already.. A couple others are starting to dwindle. Have no clue why bc the master scoly has gotten even bigger. Like 8-10 polyps (i even fragged in half and moved to another tank in case) Makes no sense to me but since I really would hate to lose all these. I am willing to ship the remaining ones to someone. I have like 3 tanks but I don't wanna lose them. Is there any volunteers? Richie said he would take but he also wanted u guys to know he has LEDs. Still have 8 strong out of the 13, 2 lost, other 3 on way out... But maybe saveable.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm totally fine with LEDs and Richie taking the acans but, Richie aren't you moving soon?

Can we get a polyp count on the remaining strong acans? Any reason to not divide them out now since it sounds like all would get a polyp of the master which seems to be the most wanted? Personally i'd still be willing to frag whatever pieces others still wanted as they grow in my tank.

pics too if possible please, a quick phone pic of the group is fine with me.

Last edited:

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fine with Richie taking them too if he's able. Fragging and sending out what is ready and whoever sending out the others when they're ready is also fine. Which are the other three that are having problems?

austx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought we started with 14 didn't we? Not trying to be rude just want to make sure we all have the correct count and understand what frags are dwindling or lost. What are the three that are on their way out, that was a pretty recent bummer man. The other two were blue gecko and the yellow fever I believe that were lost previously. As long as the master acan is healthy I'm fine with a few losses, smart on fragging it and splitting tanks Jorge.

I'm moving in the next month as well so I wouldn't want to stress any of your corals otherwise I would have been happy to take them. Just took over abunch of acros from my brothers take he broke down so already have that to deal with as well haha.

If richie is already setup and tank parameters look good that would be fine with me. Personally if we wanted to divide the ones that are ready to frag and ship I would go for that too and ship the remaining frags that need to heal/grow to richie or pkunk and let them have a longer growout? Sounds like we are in agreement for shipping out the ones that are ready and letting the remaining few heal and grow for a little longer though. Between richie and pkunk I would be happy to let you two decide who wants to host the remaining frags.

rosko23

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I need to count to make sure and get names. I may have miss counted. To tell u all the truth... The only one I really wanted was the master scoly. I actually feel bad about the loses and I'm looking to make it up by adding a few of my personal ones... I don't know what my frag tank is doing and I rather move then lose them all. I never can remember the names on them except the master so bear with me.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Nutramar Foods

austx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens and that would be a nice gesture if you wanted to toss a few of yours in. I was mainly interested in the master scoly as well but as long as a majority are still healthy I'm not upset at all.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens and that would be a nice gesture if you wanted to toss a few of yours in. I was mainly interested in the master scoly as well but as long as a majority are still healthy I'm not upset at all.

I echo this statement, jorge you've done a great job so far, thank you for doing it.

Just want to assess the situation so that we make the right move here. I feel as if this is where a lot of grows might fail. Personally I think the less the shipping stress and tank changes the better but we need to know what's left and their health state.

Also, just wanted to add that if we have to do some future shipping to finish this grow, you guys are welcome to whatever frags i have available for trade at that time so that shipping won't seem as bad. You guys probably all have way more ****** coral than me tho!

Corals.com
OP
OP
RichieT

RichieT

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting ready to post. Everything is in the tank and looking good. I have 8 acan frags. I'm not a big acan guy so I don't know the names but ill take some pictures tonight after the settle in so everyone can chime in.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral-vault.com
Back