Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in the next 5 months I'll be moving house and I really like the idea of having a marine pond in an insulated shed with big sliding doors at the front so you can see it from outside.
Something like this. Is there any reason why it'd be a bad idea? Would the pond liner last, would the wood just rot? Are there any better options for what I want?
Screenshot_20230318-112248_eBay.jpg

AS

GatorGreg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think temp control would be your biggest enemy sounding like it’s in a garage type deal. Unless it’s got heat and ac But If you got enough money you can do whatever you want. Im pretty sure I’ve seen some gorillionaire with a pool that’s a reef. Can’t imagine how many million it cost him.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think temp control would be your biggest enemy sounding like it’s in a garage type deal. Unless it’s got heat and ac But If you got enough money you can do whatever you want. Im pretty sure I’ve seen some gorillionaire with a pool that’s a reef. Can’t imagine how many million it cost him.
Yeah I was kind of just thinking of one of those small log cabin / shed type deals that people usually use for like a garden office or something. I feel like as long as it was insulated I could just heat the shed rather than the water. Definitely an indoor pool converted to a marine tank would be the ultimate dream though haha. Need much deeper pockets than I have for that though!

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truthfully I don’t see why you wouldn’t just build a 400g or something like that in a dedicated shed. This is going to cost you just as much. You’re still going to need all the same equipment to run the reef.
I could do to be fair but I was just thinking for the size it'd be more cost effective. I feel like aquarium can have a premium on them just for being an aquarium if you get what I mean over something like a pond

fishywishy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don’t see why it would be a bad idea as long as the shed is heated and cooled, I think that’s a cool idea. it would just be the same as a 400 gallon tank but on the ground and it will be a lot cheaper than buying a 400 gallon tank if you make it yourself, Also if you do end up making it make sure that water doesn’t touch concrete because that will make the water cold.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Diaper
Back