Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone gotten the Klir v2 upgrade kit from coralvue? I just received mine yesterday and hooked it up today and this thing is worse than v1. First it came with collars that are supposed to go on the ends of the new fleece spool to keep it tight. Well I ordered two sets because I have two of the Klir 7. They weren’t even the same size. One set fit and the other set was too big. Now when you go to their website they aren’t even listed anymore. So I printed new ones, problem solved. But now every time the water gets high enough to make the fleece roll it rolls a tiny amount and then stops and the module starts beeping and won’t stop until you unplug it and when you plug it back in it starts beeping again. Hopefully it’s just something that I’m doing wrong but they aren’t really that complicated of a product so I doubt it. But either way it would be nice if they included some instructions with their product

Top Shelf Aquatics

thewedge

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get this sorted out? I just got a Klir-7 V2 and I think I know the collars you're referring to, but I wasn't sure what to do with them and left them off. My recollection is they didn't fit the spool. So, far the unit seems to be working great. My water is cleaner than ever. I have one in my Waterbox sump.
The directions for this are very lacking. The video they link to for instructions is 4 years old and still features the old sensor.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
W

wotis11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get this sorted out? I just got a Klir-7 V2 and I think I know the collars you're referring to, but I wasn't sure what to do with them and left them off. My recollection is they didn't fit the spool. So, far the unit seems to be working great. My water is cleaner than ever. I have one in my Waterbox sump.
The directions for this are very lacking. The video they link to for instructions is 4 years old and still features the old sensor.
Not yet. I’m still emailing back and forth with coralvue. They sent me these instructions. Hopefully they help you
353E34A7-0291-4797-966E-C0B51147923E.png

Aquarist76

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask what the upgrade kit cost? They're currently OOS and don't list a price. I have two DI-7s sitting in a box for years that I never was able to use because of what a piece of junk they were. Quite frankly the upgrade kits should be free to those of use that bought the V1 given how bad it was. Maybe if the upgrade kits aren't too much and actually help I might try making them work again.

OP
OP
W

wotis11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask what the upgrade kit cost? They're currently OOS and don't list a price. I have two DI-7s sitting in a box for years that I never was able to use because of what a piece of junk they were. Quite frankly the upgrade kits should be free to those of use that bought the V1 given how bad it was. Maybe if the upgrade kits aren't too much and actually help I might try making them work again.
It was $77 after tax and shipping. It is currently listed as OOS because of a problem that I found. I have two DI-7s that I run off the Y cable so I only need to use one controller. After emailing coralvue back and forth for two weeks I discovered that if I have one hooked to the controller it works great but as soon as you hook two to it with the Y cable it throws an error every time it rolls. So they are in the process of rewriting the program for the controller to fix the problem and as soon as they are finished they will be sending me a new controller and I would assume that’s when they will be back in stock

CLICK TO VIEW

Aquarist76

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was $77 after tax and shipping. It is currently listed as OOS because of a problem that I found. I have two DI-7s that I run off the Y cable so I only need to use one controller. After emailing coralvue back and forth for two weeks I discovered that if I have one hooked to the controller it works great but as soon as you hook two to it with the Y cable it throws an error every time it rolls. So they are in the process of rewriting the program for the controller to fix the problem and as soon as they are finished they will be sending me a new controller and I would assume that’s when they will be back in stock
Wow!! That's more than I expected. Probably won't bother. The Red Sea Reefmats work so well I'll probably end up getting one of those for my big tank at some point (have one already for my 55G). My big tank is a Planet Aquarium 96" with two 7" filter socks in the sump. Bought two DI-7s when they came out and after trying over to over to get them to work I just packed them away and still use the filter socks. LOL.

OP
OP
W

wotis11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! That's more than I expected. Probably won't bother. The Red Sea Reefmats work so well I'll probably end up getting one of those for my big tank at some point (have one already for my 55G). My big tank is a Planet Aquarium 96" with two 7" filter socks in the sump. Bought two DI-7s when they came out and after trying over to over to get them to work I just packed them away and still use the filter socks. LOL.
Those reefmats are nice. I was looking at those for my 180 but I bought an icecap sump for it and the sump looked so nice that I didn’t want to cut the filter sock holders out of it so that’s why I went with the Klirs. When I first got them they were horrible until I got the magnetic mount for the optical sensor and that helped a lot but they still weren’t perfect. Eventually I set them up so that my apex controlled when they rolled and that worked great except the controller would beep every time the apex would power up the controller so they could roll. That’s why I figured I’d give the new v2 controller a try. But once again, that didn’t work out like I expected. Hopefully once they reprogram the new controllers to be able to run two at once they will work better. They really would be the perfect design if they could only get them to work like they should

Aquarist76

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally forgot about the constant beeping. Yeah, that drove me nuts. I can't say enough good things about the Red Sea ones. One of the best products I ever bought. I installed it just after Christmas and it hasn't given one error since. Still using the first roll as well on a medium to heavy stocked Red Sea 250 tank. Water parameters better too and no fuss like the Red Sea socks that would clog up every other day.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
W

wotis11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally forgot about the constant beeping. Yeah, that drove me nuts. I can't say enough good things about the Red Sea ones. One of the best products I ever bought. I installed it just after Christmas and it hasn't given one error since. Still using the first roll as well on a medium to heavy stocked Red Sea 250 tank. Water parameters better too and no fuss like the Red Sea socks that would clog up every other day.
Everyone I’ve talked to or anything I’ve read online about the ReefMat has been great. Everyone seems to love them. Like I said before, I didn’t want to cut the filter sock holders out of my sump in case I ever decide to sell it and get something different but when I get the new controller for the Klirs if it doesn’t fix them I’ll have to just bite the bullet and cut my sump

Aquarist76

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone I’ve talked to or anything I’ve read online about the ReefMat has been great. Everyone seems to love them. Like I said before, I didn’t want to cut the filter sock holders out of my sump in case I ever decide to sell it and get something different but when I get the new controller for the Klirs if it doesn’t fix them I’ll have to just bite the bullet and cut my sump
Looks like they got the kits back in at $65. Hopefully that means they've been revised. If you get an updated one I'd love to know if it works.

OP
OP
W

wotis11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they got the kits back in at $65. Hopefully that means they've been revised. If you get an updated one I'd love to know if it works.
I will keep you informed. The last email I received from them said that as soon as the new controllers are done they will be sending me one directly. As soon as I receive it and see how it works I will let you know either way.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back