Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DIY 35 gallon cube that currently has a Viparspectra light on it. I really can’t complain too much about the light for the price it does the job. My acros grow great under it and my softies are doing well. The only problem I have with it is even though it has a blue and a white channel it is not great for fine tuning the blue. With the white channel on at all my tank looks mostly white even with the blue all the way up and my corals just don’t look half way as cool as they do at my local coral guys. I’m looking at new lighting and I’ve always loved Kessils after owning several of them. Im wondering if an AP9X is too much for my cube? Any thoughts or suggestions?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DIY 35 gallon cube that currently has a Viparspectra light on it. I really can’t complain too much about the light for the price it does the job. My acros grow great under it and my softies are doing well. The only problem I have with it is even though it has a blue and a white channel it is not great for fine tuning the blue. With the white channel on at all my tank looks mostly white even with the blue all the way up and my corals just don’t look half way as cool as they do at my local coral guys. I’m looking at new lighting and I’ve always loved Kessils after owning several of them. Im wondering if an AP9X is too much for my cube? Any thoughts or suggestions?
What’s the dimensions of the tank ? It might be overkill of course you could just run lower intensity and then have sufficient light if you wanted to upgrade later on. If you don’t plan on upgrading you might get away with a single puck unit and save some $$.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back