Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just informed by my family, that my candy tree is dying and sweet enough by bristle worms. It seems that three out of the four stocks of the Kenya tree are being eaten up and only one is looking healthy. I’m not too sure what to do since the last time I checked on it. Everything looked fine. I’m currently on my way back home. I’m going to do more inspections on the tank in the health of the tank and I’ll post an update shortly but currently I’m just brainstorming ideas. Please let me know what you guys think and what I should do.

Top Shelf Aquatics

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really doubt, the Bristle Worm is eating a Kenya Tree. I have a lot of both, and it’s never happened. Sometimes my Kenya Trees will be Retracted, which is normal for them, since they are related to leather corals. I’ve had them open on one side of the tank and retracted on the other side.

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really doubt, the Bristle Worm is eating a Kenya Tree. I have a lot of both, and it’s never happened. Sometimes my Kenya Trees will be Retracted, which is normal for them, since they are related to leather corals. I’ve had them open on one side of the tank and retracted on the other side.
This^^^ same for me

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was just informed by my family, that my candy tree is dying and sweet enough by bristle worms. It seems that three out of the four stocks of the Kenya tree are being eaten up and only one is looking healthy. I’m not too sure what to do since the last time I checked on it. Everything looked fine. I’m currently on my way back home. I’m going to do more inspections on the tank in the health of the tank and I’ll post an update shortly but currently I’m just brainstorming ideas. Please let me know what you guys think and what I should do.
Post a pic th

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
IE Reefer

IE Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late update; I think it was just a false alarm. I know they act super droopy and pale when they shed, and the other stalk must've completely detached from the rest of the colony for that to happen, but I'm not sure why the bristle worms were out then. The last time I checked on them, they were a bit bigger, so I'm just gonna hope for the best.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back