Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, It's been a while since I asked any questions as things had been going well. Unfortunately we suffered a power outage that stretched beyond what my battery backup could endure and I lost all my fish. Oddly enough the BTA Anemones are fine, Snails lived and toadstool leathers seem fine. What I have a question about is my Sinularia. It looks sad and there are some areas of tissue loss in the larger colonies as highlighted in the picture. Question is, do I just keep going with large WC's every day and wait and see or should I toss the sinularia before it nukes the tank any further? I have a good bacterial bloom going on now as seen by the cloudy water and ORP is about 280 which is low compared to the normal 400 ish the tank usually runs. Unfortunately this tank is at my leased office space and a generator is not an option, so please don't tell me I should have had a generator.
IMG_0143.jpeg
70406049265__24C60B27-822A-475A-A4F9-A07425F01244.jpeg

BRS
OP
OP
Ann Enomy

Ann Enomy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Have been changing the carbon out daily along with 20g water changes. Things are looking up but the areas of tissue loss on the sinularia's is growing. Hopefully they start to heal up soon.

Top Shelf Aquatics

PR_nano

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's sad to see a big colony like that wither away. I recently lost mine too which was almost 2 years. It appeared to be rotting and after a tank move never perked up. I took it out and frag it and the water turn brown, it was also rotting inside out.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Deltec
Back