+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a photo of the magnifica I was talking about:

View attachment 1718281

And here it is in the process of splitting:

mine looks just like this
View attachment 1718293

What's notable about these photos is that there isn't a single pointed tentacle to be found. Magnifica typically have blunt tips. If there is any kind of bulb, it happens are the very tip of the tentacle (there's no pointy part).

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is precisely the reason why I didn't want to give a 100% thumbs up to a BTA. ;)

Every so often these "mystery" anemones arrive at the LFS that don't have definitive characteristics. IIRC, the last batch of these were more purple-green in color. Maybe it's an undescribed species (I know that's a long shot)?

Are you able to take a photo of the attachment point? I'm curious to see how the foot spreads out. Granted, my CSB is in a box, and there are times during the day where the foot is spread out quite a bit, though the tentacles are clearly indicative of a BTA.

what is csb? I’ll dunk the phone in the tank and snap a couple pics of the foot when I get back from work tonight.

AS

Nemguy123

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
here’s it outside the acclimation box. It’s def a little happier now. What do u think?

View attachment 1716289 View attachment 1716290 View attachment 1716291
I think it’s a ritteri I have a small one that came in recently same color and they come labeled so I know mine is a ritteri

image.jpg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s a ritteri I have a small one that came in recently same color and they come labeled so I know mine is a ritteri

View attachment 1718725

Beautiful nem! mine looks identical to yours! Same body and it spread out the same way. Do you have any info from your seller on where your Nem came from or any other details?

did yours go from small size in LFS bag to huge and spread out once on your Rockscape?

Nemguy123

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Beautiful nem! mine looks identical to yours! Same body and it spread out the same way. Do you have any info from your seller on where your Nem came from or any other details?

did yours go from small size in LFS bag to huge and spread out once on your Rockscape?
He’s the smallest I have that came in he’s about 3” and I’m pretty sure he cane from Indonesia might have been Bali I have to look back at my pictures but it’s definitely a magnifica because I also got bubble tips in the shipment and everything was labeled:)

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Nemguy123 @sprungson @D-Nak @BradB @Fishy65 @Taylor t

do you guys think it still looks like a BTA? Here’s the updated photo. Still not moved up to the top of the rock but it’s huge now, wrapped around the rock 180 degrees. It’s tips are a slight off white, dirty yellow green tinge, almost florescent in daylight.

A6FF4EC5-B92C-45DA-A6A4-F13B5DADE21A.jpeg

OP
OP
Micaeltercer

Micaeltercer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... this is an interesting one. I can't give a conclusive answer. Are you able to take a photo of the foot where it is attached to the rock? I'm just curious, I don't know it's sway me in either direction.

yeah I’ll try to take a pic tomorrow am. It’s foot is as big as it’s body. It stays very low to the ground below it. 6” diameter and maybe 1-1.5” height from foot to tentacle

AquaCave Logo Banner
Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Black Label Aquatics
Back