Juvenile Imperator Angel looking sick.

wheel6251

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, we have a juvenile imperator angelfish. Probably about an inch or so long. We’ve had him about two weeks, all of my water test come back perfect. Tonight, he started laying on his side, not looking great. We moved him into an isolation box to try to help him along, and maybe get him some food if he isn’t eating because he is so small. Any thoughts? TIA

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi everyone, we have a juvenile imperator angelfish. Probably about an inch or so long. We’ve had him about two weeks, all of my water test come back perfect. Tonight, he started laying on his side, not looking great. We moved him into an isolation box to try to help him along, and maybe get him some food if he isn’t eating because he is so small. Any thoughts? TIA
Please post a video of at least 20 seconds under white light intensity.
Have you seen fish eat ever?
Is it breathing normal or labored?

OP
OP
W

wheel6251

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
post a video of at least 20 seconds under white light intensity.
Have you seen fish eat ever?
Is it breathing normal or labored?
Labored breathing, we have seen him eat. This was when we put him in isolation box, we have since divided him and the flame angel who is new and waiting to go in the tank tomorrow or the next day. I’ll try to get another video in the morning. Two videos now

ReefOC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably velvet without seeing the video. It attacks the gills and will cause that immediately and if so will likely be the death of that fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Trying video again
Dont see signs of velvet or heavy breathing and the typical coverage. While gill flukes are often a sign of heavy breathing, an acclimation box will be ineffective without treatment, however if gill issues, Prazi Pro is reef safe and can be used in same tank before resorting to quarantine.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying video again
Tough to see clearly - but it has some random spots and cloudiness on its skin. The tail looks a bit damaged. I couldn’t see its breathing rate.

For small angels like this, live baby brine is a good enticement to feed. However, this fish was eating and then stopped, and that shows some progressive disease issue that must be dealt with. I agree, this could be flukes and Prazipro is reef safe. It could however also be a protozoan disease, and that would require all of the fish to be moved and treated in a hospital tank.

OP
OP
W

wheel6251

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to see clearly - but it has some random spots and cloudiness on its skin. The tail looks a bit damaged. I couldn’t see its breathing rate.

For small angels like this, live baby brine is a good enticement to feed. However, this fish was eating and then stopped, and that shows some progressive disease issue that must be dealt with. I agree, this could be flukes and Prazipro is reef safe. It could however also be a protozoan disease, and that would require all of the fish to be moved and treated in a hospital tank.
Thanks Ja. This a a FOWLR tank so I can treat accordingly. I’ll see if ai can get a better video when I get home from work.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back