Just getting started help

Itrytodofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to marine aquarium after 14 years of freshwater. I needed a new and interesting challenge, and boy did I get what I asked for! :)

Anemone, Clown and Tang are active and doing great. Coral appears to be shriveling. This pic below was doing great for months and all of a sudden today started retreating into itself and looks like a skeleton (note the bottom two compared to the top two). I had a different coral frag I glued to the rock do the same thing in the first 90 days. Anyone ID this coral type for me and diagnose what's happening from this pic? Many thanks in advance! ~ James

IMG_5446.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

It's a hammer coral. And it looks pretty pale. It could be low nutrients or too much light. But it would be hard to know for sure with knowing your parameters.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to marine aquarium after 14 years of freshwater. I needed a new and interesting challenge, and boy did I get what I asked for! :)

Anemone, Clown and Tang are active and doing great. Coral appears to be shriveling. This pic below was doing great for months and all of a sudden today started retreating into itself and looks like a skeleton (note the bottom two compared to the top two). I had a different coral frag I glued to the rock do the same thing in the first 90 days. Anyone ID this coral type for me and diagnose what's happening from this pic? Many thanks in advance! ~ James

IMG_5446.JPG
This is recession of tissue and tank may be too new. In addition, assure calcium not less than 400, light and flow is moderate and phosphate level not elevated as well as salinity.

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

IMG_5446.JPG
Welcome to the club!

What testing equipment do you have? What equipment in general are you using? How long has your system been established?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back