Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 pp15's at the en of July, they both failed within a week of each other. I'm not surprised, but my wp40 lasted a long time. i didn't expect them to fail in 4 months. Must have been a bad lot.

I think I'm going to invest in a couple MP40's.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up.

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

traumajeff

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 2 pp15's at the en of July, they both failed within a week of each other. I'm not surprised, but my wp40 lasted a long time. i didn't expect them to fail in 4 months. Must have been a bad lot.

I think I'm going to invest in a couple MP40's.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up.
What exactly is going wrong with them? They're notorious for toasting the power supply. If that's the case, all you need is a new one. EBay or Amazon can fix that

lion king

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
JessH

JessH

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to get them fixed and save them for when I need them. I'm bummed since I had luck with my wp40.

Top Shelf Aquatics

falconut

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pp-15 died a little after a year. When I plug it into the controller all the lights but 1 go out & the 1 on blinks. Even tried a different controller & supply, but same issue. My rw-8 is still going close to 3 years. I think they're hit or miss.

Mfreddy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pp-15 died a little after a year. When I plug it into the controller all the lights but 1 go out & the 1 on blinks. Even tried a different controller & supply, but same issue. My rw-8 is still going close to 3 years. I think they're hit or miss.

My controller lights still come on, took it apart, cleaned the impeller shaft with vinegar and put back together. Nothing. This morning I plugged it back in and it worked for about 1/2 hour.

Reliability is important. Jeboa is not a reliable product IMO, and from what I've been able to read good luck getting any warranty service from them.

Top Shelf Aquatics

TangoTang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pp15 just stopped working after I put it on feed mode.

I have it as a slave with a master pp-15, I’ve had them on else mode for about 4 months now.

Being super frustrated and ticked because I had just cleaned it two days ago, I disconnected the power from the controller and let it sit for like an hour, cane back plug it in and it worked.

Worried it will happen again but idk they’re really a hit or miss. Would love to return it if anything but bought it off a Amazon and it doesn’t have an option to return.

Best of luck to anyone with these they’re great at a comparable price and performance but not the most reliable tbh

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck to anyone with these they’re great at a comparable price and performance but not the most reliable tbh

The Jebao PP-15 costs around $72. The Vortech MP40 costs $350. If the PP-15 fails three times (read: you have had to buy four of them), then you still saved money over getting the Vortech. The Vortech is usually better quality, true, but the Jebaos are priced to make up for the lack of quality. While the Vortechs also come with a 1 year warranty, at the end of the year warranty, you're on your own. Might the Vortech last a good 5 - 6 years? Possibly. You're only guaranteed one year of operation though. Plus, there have been a few cases where posters have claimed that Ecotech would not honor the warranty because the pump was bought from an unauthorized reseller. I can't confirm this, and this is hear-say, so take it for what it's worth. But still. Don't take the name brand as a guarantee, take the warranty as a guarantee. In the case of Vortech pumps, it's one year, and no more.

Many people don't like that Jebao pumps don't last very long. Remember, they're priced to compensate for this. In my worst-case-scenario simulation in my head, a Vortech can fail the day after the warranty and basically be garbage. While it's likely going to last much longer, that's the reality of the warranty period. Unless I have to buy the Jebao five times, I'm better off from a financial standpoint going with the Jebao (assuming the Vortech only lasts through the warranty, which is all it's guaranteed to do).

Different strokes for different folks. I'm comfortable with this trade-off. If you're not, that's fine. It's definitely frustrating to see a 4 month old pump fail, but to me, it's more frustrating to pay five times as much for a name brand that I can only truly count on for one year.

ontop27

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate the argument of well if it fails 4x then its the same cost..what if that jabeo is your return and your out of town? Personally i have used them in the past and only one has failed but ive also had the same pair of mp10s for 4-5 years and they are still going strong

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Bulk Reef Supply
Back