Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone has anyone experienced a jawbreaker shrinking and turning almost transparent? I’ve had this mushrooms for a year almost 2 and a few months ago I noticed it started shrinking and loosing its color in a weird way it has been getting transparent/translucen, there are other baby jawbreakers around it but momma looks hurt, nothing much changed in the tank it’s a 20g cube I rarely put my hand in the tank it’s on autopilot it’s about 3 years old the tank, i do water changes 2-3 months apart and it’s a softie tank with mostly Blatos, Acans and few tourches all doing excellent. The only significant change I believe I did was add a tad more carbon on a water change prior to me noticing the morph but removed it since. Have any of you experienced anything Similar, my other mushrooms in the tank shrink as well Florida Ricordea but they been like since they got in the tank they haven’t disappeared in the year or so they been in the tank but the jawbreaker never exhibited any of these issues in the past

first 2 pics is momma now the 3rd was how she looked in the past

1DB91CE0-99B8-4775-B824-935E79A15316.jpeg C4E9DE81-77C9-4B7A-8902-71C32D3D5C5A.jpeg 86275621-88E9-4B07-A372-6175B770176A.jpeg

Nutramar Foods

Katherine Corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone has anyone experienced a jawbreaker shrinking and turning almost transparent? I’ve had this mushrooms for a year almost 2 and a few months ago I noticed it started shrinking and loosing its color in a weird way it has been getting transparent/translucen, there are other baby jawbreakers around it but momma looks hurt, nothing much changed in the tank it’s a 20g cube I rarely put my hand in the tank it’s on autopilot it’s about 3 years old the tank, i do water changes 2-3 months apart and it’s a softie tank with mostly Blatos, Acans and few tourches all doing excellent. The only significant change I believe I did was add a tad more carbon on a water change prior to me noticing the morph but removed it since. Have any of you experienced anything Similar, my other mushrooms in the tank shrink as well Florida Ricordea but they been like since they got in the tank they haven’t disappeared in the year or so they been in the tank but the jawbreaker never exhibited any of these issues in the past

first 2 pics is momma now the 3rd was how she looked in the past

View attachment 2951306 View attachment 2951307 View attachment 2951308
Would you be able to share your NO3 and PO4 levels?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Oshengems

Oshengems

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Salifert test kit could barely changes color it’s between 0-4ppm and my phosphate reagent it’s expired not sure if they would still work

Not a jawbreaker, but numerous colonies of ricordea. I had one up and turn semi-translucent overnight; within a day it had detached from the rock, fallen off and disintegrated.
this has been happening I the span of 1-2 months, and my ricordeas they been srivel up for about a

Katherine Corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Salifert test kit could barely changes color it’s between 0-4ppm and my phosphate reagent it’s expired not sure if they would still work

this has been happening I the span of 1-2 months, and my ricordeas they been srivel up for about a
Judging from the pictures you provided, your acans look healthy, as are other LPS and Softie corals. Personally, I found that higher nutrient levels work best for me. I run NO3 around 40 and PO4 around 0.4
If I have mushrooms behaving like this, I take them out and do a 45 min bath in amino acids daily.

Polyp Punk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I bet it is your bottomed out nutrients. Start dosing nitrate and phos watch them bounce right back !

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Deltec
Back