Its finally up

BrianneG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys. Just got my first reef tank installed yesterday. I am super excited to get it cycled and start adding some fish and coral. I will of course be taking it slow. But I already have a fish list ready.

115 acrylic peninsula tank (not being used as a peninsula right now though)
Live sand
Reef Rock
Fluval Sea 59w (2)
25 gallonSump
Sicce Syncra Silent 4.0 pump
Simplicity 250 DC skimmer
10 gallon Ato set up
AeroEuro 1/4 chiller
Uv sterilizer

Still undecided if I like the sump setup. Currently it's set up for filter floss, but I will probably change out in the future for a filter sock
1000010049.jpg
20241008_111821.jpg 20241008_133017.jpg

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool aqua scape — great job! I would not go that high though, leave room for coral growth and fish to swim. My rule is to only go up to 50% height. I’ve been there before so just sharing my own experience.

With acrylic and sand, be careful and not scratch - I’m OCD and scratches really bother me!

Great build & happy reefing!!!

OP
OP
BrianneG

BrianneG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool aqua scape — great job! I would not go that high though, leave room for coral growth and fish to swim. My rule is to only go up to 50% height. I’ve been there before so just sharing my own experience.

With acrylic and sand, be careful and not scratch - I’m OCD and scratches really bother me!

Great build & happy reefing!!!
oh yeah we lined the sides with cardboard when the aquascape was being constructed just to avoid the scratches. That was my fear too.. Thanks for the compliments!

OP
OP
BrianneG

BrianneG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still waiting out time for the cycle. Tested my Salinity after 2 days and it's high at 1.040, I took out some water from the DT and hoped my ATO would replenish it, but so far it has not. So I need to look into proper set up for the ATO now. Light have been off except for when I just want to look at it. Attempting a fishless cycle and waiting for some Ammoniam to arrive

Attachments

• 20241011_060035.jpg
    20241011_060035.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 20

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting out time for the cycle. Tested my Salinity after 2 days and it's high at 1.040, I took out some water from the DT and hoped my ATO would replenish it, but so far it has not. So I need to look into proper set up for the ATO now. Light have been off except for when I just want to look at it. Attempting a fishless cycle and waiting for some Ammoniam to arrive
Love the aquascape in your tank!

OP
OP
BrianneG

BrianneG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cycling is almost complete. Should be sometime this week. We added a few more pieces of rock to give a little more hiding spots at the bottom and a split one of the bigger swim throughs. Looks like I might be starting to get some alge growth on the sanded, although very little still.
I have 2 gyres coming this week to help with the flow. And next i will be renting a PAR meter to make sure the lights are good.
I have been talking with my local lfs, and per his suggestion I have pulled the skimmer cup off for the time being as well to I am not taking out the good as well as the bad.
So far everything is holding up and going as planned.
Copepods will be added before the fish are added they can get a kickstart as well.

Attachments

• 20241021_143754.jpg
    20241021_143754.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 11

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back