• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Issues with shipment form Online Vendor

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right it would most likely end up a fiasco. I suppose for R2R it's the darned if you do darned if you don't scenario.
All we can do as individuals is boycott and hope for a heavy dose of karma to come around to the vendor.
Can't boycott if you don't know who they are.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP named them in a vendor review thread. They are a sponsor and lately have had a lot of issues.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned, search vendor feedback forum by the username of the OP. I have a thread there as well as another similar to this one.

KQuillan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If this is general consensus about a vendor and a conversation among many people, I do not understand why R2R would delete or move the thread. These things need to be discussed so other members can decide for themselves. Obviously (then) the vendor has a chance to see how they are doing wrong by so many customers.

However, Maybe a negative rating score would also show a picture.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re claiming that they have confirmed that it was placed in the box and they sent me a picture of the order before it was packed and the torch was there. I think that they probably put orders next to each other while they’re packing and someone made a mistake and sent it out to the wrong customer. But because of that picture they’re claiming that they definitely sent it. And I know I definitely did not receive it.

It’s just frustrating because they’re making it sound like 1) I’m lying and 2) like they will not refund or credit me.
If they fail to make this right, please let us know, because I definitely would never order from them, knowing what happened to you

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If they fail to make this right, please let us know, because I definitely would never order from them, knowing what happened to you
Thank you.

I will keep this thread updated should anything happen. As it is my vendor feedback thread has thus far been ignore by the vendor.

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

I will keep this thread updated should anything happen. As it is my vendor feedback thread has thus far been ignore by the vendor.
I understand i also have a vendor ghosting me since the holiday’s, he owe’s me credit or a replacement Ancantho, i still try to reach out to him but he will not respond, Holy Grail Corals in Florida is the name of his business, Lance is his name

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I understand i also have a vendor ghosting me since the holiday’s, he owe’s me credit or a replacement Ancantho, i still try to reach out to him but he will not respond, Holy Grail Corals in Florida is the name of his business, Lance is his name
I really don’t know what the margins are like in this business and I get there’s a lot of risk but I’ve had amazing experiences with some vendors when things go wrong and then others that act this way. I can tell you for example that POTO has been top notch when dealing with issues. Haven’t really had many problems with the big vendors besides this current problem.

eliaslikesfish

Kinda Addicted to Anemone’s and Clowns.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No can do. Mention a vendor and this thread will disappear to the vendor feedback forum.

I would just dispute it with you CC company as an item not received. I went through something similar recently. A maxima wasn't shipped because of poor health. It just happened to be the most expensive piece in the order and they wanted to offer store credit vs a refund. A refund is the only resolution acceptable to me. They didn't have a problem shipping a gaping crocea that died in less than 24 hrs and a Derasa with PMD that died in less than a week even tho I tried saving it with a FWD so I'm not sure why I would want a store credit as I'll never purchase from them again. End of story I'm eating the cost of the crocea and derasa because technically they arrived alive even tho they were on deaths door step. They said they refunded the cost of the maxima but I have yet to see the credit appear so I'll probably have to dispute it. Sorry your having to deal with this.
watch me: ₳QɄ₳ ₴Đ

no disappearance and I helped everyone out.

cheers to finding vendors who carry out fair business practices and exposing the ones who don’t.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are absolutely responsible for their subcontractors issues. if the person they sub out to to handle shipping is delayed they are delayed You handed your money to accompany how they spent the money after that and who they shipped with is their problem. We need to stop this crap of privatizing gains and socializing losses.

If you hired me to install a new door and the screws, I used fell apart in the first week due to a defect. Would you expect me to put in a new door or tell you to go talk to the screw manufacturer?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are absolutely responsible for their subcontractors issues. if the person they sub out to to handle shipping is delayed they are delayed You handed your money to accompany how they spent the money after that and who they shipped with is their problem. We need to stop this crap of privatizing gains and socializing losses.

If you hired me to install a new door and the screws, I used fell apart in the first week due to a defect. Would you expect me to put in a new door or tell you to go talk to the screw manufacturer?
Depends how the contract is drawn up. Most businesses have disclaimers about shipping. What if a package is left on your doorstep and then gets stolen? Technically it was delivered so is the vendor still responsible even though you never really got the item in hand. Most coral vendors have shipping disclaimers that usually deal with DOA.

In the OP case since she is crazy and has spent 1000s there as a repeat customer they should have resolved the issue immediately for her without arguments.

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Depends how the contract is drawn up. Most businesses have disclaimers about shipping. What if a package is left on your doorstep and then gets stolen? Technically it was delivered so is the vendor still responsible even though you never really got the item in hand. Most coral vendors have shipping disclaimers that usually deal with DOA.

In the OP case since she is crazy and has spent 1000s there as a repeat customer they should have resolved the issue immediately for her without arguments.

Still have not received any further responses from them.

It takes a heck of a lot to get me angry. I am angry.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered in the past from them and all have been fine. Last time I ordered was when they were going through with a relocation. Just speculating here but something must have happened during or after that relocation. Not sure if someone local there knows what's happening and can chime in.

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve just received communication from the vendor and they’ll replace the torch in a couple of weeks when they get more in. Hopefully this will happen. If so then I’ll be happy with that resolution. I am even willing to buy a new shipping module no problem. Crossing fingers.

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just throwing this out there. Had something similar happen with Aquasd but they owned up to it. And went above and beyond to make it right.

Ordered 3 bubble tip nems on father's day sale. While waiting for the shipment I bought a few things from there ebay auctions. Arrival day came. I had all the corals and only 1 nem.. I contacted them. And the mix up was.

The nems didn't look to healthy on day of shipment. And they had ment to get ahold of me. About holding the order. Or refunding the nems. In busy work like we all do they forgot. And some how I ended up with 1 and I agree it didn't look very healthy.

Not only did they give me a store credit for most the cost of the nems. They resent 3 nems on there own a week later. Emailed me and apologized and asked if it was OK if they resent them.

Best experience I ever had with an online vender. Recently placed a even larger order with them. Very happy with this vender.
Thank you very much for the kind words and we are glad to have been able to make things right!

eliaslikesfish

Kinda Addicted to Anemone’s and Clowns.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just searched “AquaTrashD” on R2R and every single post related to them this year is because of negative experiences and customer service. they’re going downhill i guess. anything to add @AquaSD ? the absolute worst response to a customer service issue is silence, I’d think a brand as big as yours would know that though.

Last edited:

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also, if it’s who I think it is, do NOT accept store credit. Everyone has been having huge issues with them over the past several months. They sent me replacements for my doa’s that did not arrive healthy, made substitutions for a 3 figure chalice that they said they didn’t have in stock to send and then dropped a flash sale the day after the replacement corals arrived and had the exact same chalice in the sale. I am beyond done ordering from them.
IF it’s who I think it is. And I know we are all thinking it’s the same vendor.
Don’t mention the name here but DO Put a review up in the vendor review thread ASAP. That is literally the only way any of us have ever gotten a resolution from them. If you don’t put them on blast, they’ll give you the run around.
From what was discussed after the replacement order was shipped out I was under the assumption that this was resolved and you were happy with the items?
I sent a message on here if you would like to read that. I can certainly give you a call and discuss what we can further do to make sure you had a positive experience.

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i just searched “AquaTrashD” on R2R and every single post related to them this year is because of negative experiences and customer service. they’re going downhill i guess. anything to add @AquaSD ? the absolute worst response to a customer service issue is silence, I’d think a brand as big as yours would know that though.
We just fired our third customer service member yesterday. I am ( kaleb- manager ) going to be going back to being the only customer service person for our company for the forseeable future.
Thanks for calling us trashsd thats really appreciated.
Check the end of all of the issue posts and I am sure you will see that they were resolved.

KQuillan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All I see is one excuse after another. Kaleb, (you) have been running the show for MONTHS. The result is ALWAYS the same. You are also the only vendor I have ever seen that has had multiple complaints from people.

Either send the corals people buy from you in good condition or refund people their hard earned money. Problem(s) solved.

Repeatedly buying a shipping module is not the solution.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back