• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Issues with shipment form Online Vendor

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I placed a large order from an online vendor. There were shipping delays and a couple of corals in the order arrived dead. I get that they’re not responsible for UPS. The part that I’m upset about is the fact that a torch that I ordered, an expensive one at that was missing from the order. They have a picture of the order prior to packing and the torch is there but somehow it didn’t make it to me and they’re refusing to make it right.

What do I do?

I definitely did not get the torch.

Thoughts?

wjm6449

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed a large order from an online vendor. There were shipping delays and a couple of corals in the order arrived dead. I get that they’re not responsible for UPS. The part that I’m upset about is the fact that a torch that I ordered, an expensive one at that was missing from the order. They have a picture of the order prior to packing and the torch is there but somehow it didn’t make it to me and they’re refusing to make it right.

What do I do?

Thoughts?
If you reached out to their customer service and they’re not owning up the error… try to mediate through a pay service or you can always try to charge back the card. Although that’s clearly last resort.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I mean if you truely didnt get what you paid for, you can do a charge back for that amount. I had to do that with a vendor on here because of how they treated me and gave me a subpar product.

I have only ever done it this one time as all my other online purchases have been pretty good and I wouldnt recommend it if they are at all willing to work with you.

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i mean, since they aren’t doing the right thing, please tell us who you ordered from. I know I wouldn’t want to order from a vendor that acts like this.
I’ll send a PM. I’m trying to keep it off the airwaves until I see if they will make this right. Benefit of the doubt and all.

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you reached out to their customer service and they’re not owning up the error… try to mediate through a pay service or you can always try to charge back the card. Although that’s clearly last resort.
I have never done that before but will have to figure out how if they fail to respond appropriately. I am willing to take store credit even but man this is just so sad.

wjm6449

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never done that before but will have to figure out how if they fail to respond appropriately. I am willing to take store credit even but man this is just so sad.
Hey bud. A dollar is a dollar. Reef keeping isn’t cheap and you should get what you paid for.

kylgrave9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had this same thing happen to me recently, the company admitted to not sending it but the options are I gotta place another order to get the coral that didn’t get sent or get store credit on a future order, to me in this situation of the vendor messing up and shorting you on something that’s on them you should get sent the item or be refunded not be made to spend more money to get what you already paid for

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just had this same thing happen to me recently, the company admitted to not sending it but the options are I gotta place another order to get the coral that didn’t get sent or get store credit on a future order, to me in this situation of the vendor messing up and shorting you on something that’s on them you should get sent the item or be refunded not be made to spend more money to get what you already paid for
They’re claiming that they have confirmed that it was placed in the box and they sent me a picture of the order before it was packed and the torch was there. I think that they probably put orders next to each other while they’re packing and someone made a mistake and sent it out to the wrong customer. But because of that picture they’re claiming that they definitely sent it. And I know I definitely did not receive it.

It’s just frustrating because they’re making it sound like 1) I’m lying and 2) like they will not refund or credit me.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

What do I do?

Thoughts?

They are responsible for delays. They are paying the carrier. The carrier should meet the deadline. It isn’t your fault if they don’t. The vendor can take it up with the carrier.

If the vendor won’t take care of you for the deaths or the torch do a chargeback. I always pay with PayPal and then my Amex. Amex will refund no matter what and they are my last resort. I used a chargeback on one HUGE vendor here because they were being dirtbags. Got my money back and Amex went after them and got their money back. Problem solved.

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They are responsible for delays. They are paying the carrier. The carrier should meet the deadline. It isn’t your fault if they don’t. The vendor can take it up with the carrier.

If the vendor won’t take care of you for the deaths or the torch do a chargeback. I always pay with PayPal and then my Amex. Amex will refund no matter what and they are my last resort. I used a chargeback on one HUGE vendor here because they were being dirtbags. Got my money back and Amex went after them and got their money back. Problem solved.
Would you mind if I pm you and ask about your particular vendor experience?

JohnCol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing this out there. Had something similar happen with Aquasd but they owned up to it. And went above and beyond to make it right.

Ordered 3 bubble tip nems on father's day sale. While waiting for the shipment I bought a few things from there ebay auctions. Arrival day came. I had all the corals and only 1 nem.. I contacted them. And the mix up was.

The nems didn't look to healthy on day of shipment. And they had ment to get ahold of me. About holding the order. Or refunding the nems. In busy work like we all do they forgot. And some how I ended up with 1 and I agree it didn't look very healthy.

Not only did they give me a store credit for most the cost of the nems. They resent 3 nems on there own a week later. Emailed me and apologized and asked if it was OK if they resent them.

Best experience I ever had with an online vender. Recently placed a even larger order with them. Very happy with this vender.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What do I do?

Thoughts?
If you paid with a credit card just tell your bank you received dead and missing livestock and they will remove the charge. I had an expensive piece missing from WWC order few years back and they tried to play that it was in the box game with me to. Told them my bank would remove the entire charge. They shipped me the coral instead.

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They have a picture of the order prior to packing and the torch is there but somehow it didn’t make it to me and they’re refusing to make it right.
Anything else in that picture unique to your order? otherwise unless it’s a picture of your merchandise tying it to your actual box, it could be anywhere or anyone’s

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anything else in that picture unique to your order? otherwise a picture of your merchandise could be anywhere
They sent me a picture of all the items that should have been in my order and I agreed that all of the items were there but not packed yet but together prior to packing.

I just think someone made a mistake. We all do. But they’re sticking to their guns and saying that they definitely shipped. I think they just must have placed it in someone else’s box by mistake.

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just throwing this out there. Had something similar happen with Aquasd but they owned up to it. And went above and beyond to make it right.

Ordered 3 bubble tip nems on father's day sale. While waiting for the shipment I bought a few things from there ebay auctions. Arrival day came. I had all the corals and only 1 nem.. I contacted them. And the mix up was.

The nems didn't look to healthy on day of shipment. And they had ment to get ahold of me. About holding the order. Or refunding the nems. In busy work like we all do they forgot. And some how I ended up with 1 and I agree it didn't look very healthy.

Not only did they give me a store credit for most the cost of the nems. They resent 3 nems on there own a week later. Emailed me and apologized and asked if it was OK if they resent them.

Best experience I ever had with an online vender. Recently placed a even larger order with them. Very happy with this vender.
I am really happy to hear that you had a good resolution. I am hoping it’ll turn out well for me too.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent me a picture of all the items that should have been in my order and I agreed that all of the items were there but not packed yet but together prior to packing.

I just think someone made a mistake. We all do. But they’re sticking to their guns and saying that they definitely shipped. I think they just must have placed it in someone else’s box by mistake.
Dispute the charge with your bank

OP
OP
C

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you paid with a credit card just tell your bank you received dead and missing livestock and they will remove the charge. I had an expensive piece missing from WWC order few years back and they tried to play that it was in the box game with me to. Told them my bank would remove the entire charge. They shipped me the coral instead.
I may need to do that. Just wish it didn’t need to happen that way.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back