Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears that the white led's are not turning on on my 2 new Kessil A80s. I tested them out of the box and they worked great but then hooked them to my Apex and they light is staying blue, when I turn the dial to white the blue just gets dimmer, triec controlloing individually and connecter with same result, any ideas ?

OP
OP
Sonoran Reef

Sonoran Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not when I first tested them. Then I mounted them and added the link cable. When I was done I noticed the issue but even after removing all of the cables I am having the same issue

Top Shelf Aquatics

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the intensity of blue light changes ?
The way kessil controller signal work that the headphone jack provides 3 signal,two of them provides 0-10v which controls intensity (how strong the light is) and soectrtum (blue to white ), and one ground. If intensity is working then probably only the spectrum signal is not working, check with your apex configuration or the cable itself. You can use a multimeter to verify all of this, if you want,

Top Shelf Aquatics

Esage

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact Kessil. They’ll probably ship you two new units. Their customer service is top notch. Just run the blue channel for now if you need to light the tank.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Sonoran Reef

Sonoran Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the intensity of blue light changes ?
The way kessil controller signal work that the headphone jack provides 3 signal,two of them provides 0-10v which controls intensity (how strong the light is) and soectrtum (blue to white ), and one ground. If intensity is working then probably only the spectrum signal is not working, check with your apex configuration or the cable itself. You can use a multimeter to verify all of this, if you want,
As I ramp intensity the blue light gets dimmer , even with cables removed it behaves the same way

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Kinetics
Back