Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s you concern about leaving it overnight? i left mine overnight i would find them in the trap in the morning. I continued for a few weeks after I wasn’t catching anymore just to make sure I had them all. In total i had less than a dozen.

Can you post a pic of your trap, and what did you use as bait? My concern was that if I leave a portion of shrimp in the trap, they eat and, for whatever reason, some can leave the trap, I will have given them a free lunch...

Curious where you found INDO Live Rock available from?
I’ve been looking around for rock myself and based on this I might wanna avoid this rock supplier

This LR was imported by Amblard, a french company. I am pretty sure they do not ship overseas, sorry :(

GlassMunky

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a pic of your trap, and what did you use as bait? My concern was that if I leave a portion of shrimp in the trap, they eat and, for whatever reason, some can leave the trap, I will have given them a free lunch...

This LR was imported by Amblard, a french company. I am pretty sure they do not ship overseas, sorry :(
I asked because to my knowledge there isn’t anyone at all who is currently importing INDO LR to the USA.
makes sense you’re in Europe

Apotack

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry I don’t have a pic, it was a few years ago. I used a few mysis as bait. I was concerned about them eating and leaving also, some may have gotten out but I managed to catch them all eventually.

OP
OP
reefnook

reefnook

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked because to my knowledge there isn’t anyone at all who is currently importing INDO LR to the USA.
makes sense you’re in Europe

I was not aware that no body is importing LR to USA. It is somehow rare, isn't it? Have to say that it was very expensive...

sorry I don’t have a pic, it was a few years ago. I used a few mysis as bait. I was concerned about them eating and leaving also, some may have gotten out but I managed to catch them all eventually.

I understand. Yes, I think that's the point. I was worried about the free lunch because in some posts I have read that people tried to starve them. However, I think that the most efficient way is catching them up.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
reefnook

reefnook

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seriously doubt you will be able to starve them out. I’m sure the live rock has plenty of food for them.

I doubt it as well. Yep, exactly... they eat even worms. So, it is something like this what you did?

IMG_3200.JPG
IMG_3201.JPG

OP
OP
reefnook

reefnook

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that’s it exactly. I think after I wasn’t catching anymore I made the hole bigger and ran the trap for awhile in case any couldn’t make it in.

Perfect. Anyway, you figured it out, right? I mean, it is not an endless issue? When you were catching them, did you have fish in the tank?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Apotack

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there were fish in the tank. The tank was 40 gallons, a larger tank I would do several traps. It worked really well. Definitely not an endless issue, just takes patience like everything else in this hobby.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back