Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the new waterbox 155 frag. I was a bit worried about customer service and if waterbox backs their tanks? I’ve had a water box before and the silicone in my opinion was not the best. It took a few days but they ended up sending me a replacement which was super nice. That was maybe 2 years ago. Is their customer service still nice? I was going to go with IM but they didn’t have a frag style tank. Should I get the extended warranty? Im more concerned with leaking. I made a post yesterday day and everyone helped me out regarding Red Sea so I ended up with the waterbox again

Top Shelf Aquatics
Avast
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the awesome feedback! I will keep my order then super excited to set up the new tank! A bit worried about controller board space the infinia 155 pictures seems like the sump takes up most of it

hunterallen40

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can personally say that, having experienced a delay of around a year when getting my reef LX, I am still 100% in waterbox's corner. I had a series of really unfortunate delays when ordering my reef LX, but there customer service was nothing short of outstanding. In the end, I paid for a reef LX 320, and received a reef LX 340, along with an MP40. Free of charge for the MP40, and I was not charged anything on top of what I had already paid them. The order was a result of a website bug: I should not have been able to order a 320 in the first place... But they made it right, and I could not be happier with my 340 (feel free to check out my build thread!).

Top Shelf Aquatics

JawsD

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my thoughts on waterbox. I purchased the 340LX. Delivery was smooth and packaging was amazing. Now the aquarium and stand itself well here are my thoughts.

Tank is amazing great workmanship. Tank is beautiful.

plumbing not so much. It is cheap international metric plumbing. For a 300+ system the bulk head holes are cut to international diameters so you have to use their plumbing kits. Building my tank with custom plumbing how I want it. Turned out to be a headache. 1 I am not a plumber. 2. I just don’t trust the quality of the plumbing that comes with the units. So unless I wanted to have the tank drilled out I’m stuck with it. But I have managed to integrate EU with US standard plumbing.

The sump is perfect for those who want filter sock or basic sump. You can remove filter sock to put a roller filter in. In a tank this big I want to try and control as much evap as possible. So I went with a custom built sump from Poseidon . Then I ran into another problem. The stand…

The stand is very well built and pretty much comes pre assembled. You have to put the doors on which can be tricky to get them lined up perfectly. On the XL do note that there is a sump compartment and a dividing wall where their ATO tank goes. I tossed that as well. Removed the divider hand to take support aluminum support bar to put new sump in. If you do this don’t take a chance doing this while tank is on stand. Tank took 6 big guys to put on stand with a dolly Jack. Stand is pretty tall.
The pass through brackets for electrical compartment don’t fit properly hole cut for them is too big. And to do some engineering to make it look seamless
The electrical compartment on both ends is too small. I have apex controller with eb8 on right side electrical panel. I had to take the management divider out just so apex would fit . As a owner of a low voltage company this is very frustrating. Now I have to mount everything with all wiring showing and now have to dress power bricks and wiring . On the left side I have another Eb8 and more power bricks. I am having to mount the Radion power bricks on the back of the stand. I am also labeling every port and wire for east removal and replacement.

mall in all if you want a all in one tank this is a great starter tank. If you are wanting to customize this setup. It can be done but it is a challenge every step of the way. I don’t regret buying this setup. But if I was to do it all over again…. I would have one custom built so it’s more universal.
Hope this input helps you

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back