Is this bottle of Aiptasia X from china safe to buy/use?

BRS

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I ended up getting some at the LFS. I tested it on one of the aiptasia - covered it in Aiptasia X. 3 days later its fully opened. lol....
Keep it simple . . . .
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying some F-Aiptasia from amazon. Hopefully this works a little better. It is crazy how Berghias and manual removal can stop aiptasia. This stuff really is the plague..
I have had many of the normal reef tank issues (cyano, Dinos, bryopsis, planaria, etc). I would gladly deal with any of those again over aiptasia. Due to my wrasse I can’t do shrimp or berghia and I’ve tried several different chemicals and it just seemed to cause them to spread.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it simple . . . .
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away
We're talking a 13.5 fluval here. Wouldn't constant injection of kalkwasser powder eventually spike my calcium or alk? Also it amazes me that lemon juice would be effective and not harm corals if Aiptasia X doesnt even work to well.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We're talking a 13.5 fluval here. Wouldn't constant injection of kalkwasser powder eventually spike my calcium or alk? Also it amazes me that lemon juice would be effective and not harm corals if Aiptasia X doesnt even work to well.
The little you use will have little impact and get consumed by coral. Were talking a drop or two on each one, not a capful

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back