Is this bottle of Aiptasia X from china safe to buy/use?

BRS

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My work hours arent allowing me to get to a reef store, so I am using amazon prime to get Aiptasia X to kill some aiptasia on the side of my scoly killing it. I have berghias but theyre taking to long. Is this safe to buy?

The only sub $20 bottle on amazon.
I ask because RedSea is a very high quality brand and I know I have heard other companies making fake stuff.

Top Shelf Aquatics

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My work hours arent allowing me to get to a reef store, so I am using amazon prime to get Aiptasia X to kill some aiptasia on the side of my scoly killing it. I have berghias but theyre taking to long. Is this safe to buy?

I ask because RedSea is a very high quality brand and I know I have heard other companies making fake stuff.
I’ve never used Red Sea Aiptasia but I would assume it is safe if it’s not a counterfeit

Top Shelf Aquatics

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe buy from a more reputable retailer like BRS, Saltwaterqaurium.com, or premium aquatics if your in doubt?

This is kind of interesting? Probably the seller??
aptasi.jpg

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe buy from a more reputable retailer like BRS, Saltwaterqaurium.com, or premium aquatics if your in doubt?
Just wanted to get this done ASAP to help the scoly that is not doing well with the aiptasisa stinging it. I tried manual removal of the larger aiptasia but the smaller ones I cant. PRIME gets items sent the next day.

I doubt there is anyone making knock off aiptasia x. What makes you say it’s coming from china, when I clicked on the seller info it seems to be coming from NY.
If you look at the bottle though its all in Chinese. Or maybe Korean? Seems a little to simple for mandarin.

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to get this done ASAP to help the scoly that is not doing well with the aiptasisa stinging it. I tried manual removal of the larger aiptasia but the smaller ones I cant. PRIME gets items sent the next day.
To be honest with amazons shipping lately I have been getting supplies much faster from the three i mentioned vs amazon. 2 day shipping is a thing of the past for them.

Top Shelf Aquatics

TnFishwater98

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest with amazons shipping lately I have been getting supplies much faster from the three i mentioned vs amazon. 2 day shipping is a thing of the past for them.
I ordered from BRS last week. They said it would get here this Friday. I got it last Thursday.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just going to go with BRS because this amazon sellers ad is getting weirder as I look through it. So with amazon prime, if its a prime item it typically comes in 24 hours for me (I use prime a lot). Sometimes it will come the same day!

BRS says it will come in 7 days. Hopefully sooner! Thanks everyone

TnFishwater98

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just going to go with BRS because this amazon sellers ad is getting weirder as I look through it. So with amazon prime, if its a prime item it typically comes in 24 hours for me (I use prime a lot). Sometimes it will come the same day!

BRS says it will come in 7 days. Hopefully sooner! Thanks everyone
Mine said 7 days and I got it 2 days later. Amazon does have some weird vendors

Nutramar Foods

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look at the bottle though its all in Chinese. Or maybe Korean? Seems a little to simple for mandarin.
I hadn’t noticed. I agree with buying from someone else. BRS usually ships to me much quicker than they say when I checkout. Plus if not ordered yet you can always pay a little extra for faster shipping.
If it’s just a few aiptasia that’s bothering a coral why not consider just covering them in kalk paste or super glue?

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hadn’t noticed. I agree with buying from someone else. BRS usually ships to me much quicker than they say when I checkout. Plus if not ordered yet you can always pay a little extra for faster shipping.
If it’s just a few aiptasia that’s bothering a coral why not consider just covering them in kalk paste or super glue?
I didn't consider kalk paste or super glue, but would like to continue picking off aiptasia in certain spots while the berghias do the work so thinking Aiptasia X is best to not have white/clear spots all over the tank haha.

Ok...... I'll be the one lol. Can't you just move the scoly a little?
The aiptasias are growing on the sides of the bottom part of the skeleton of the scoly so moving it wont do anything.

Top Shelf Aquatics

TnFishwater98

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't consider kalk paste or super glue, but would like to continue picking off aiptasia in certain spots while the berghias do the work so thinking Aiptasia X is best to not have white/clear spots all over the tank haha.

The aiptasias are growing on the sides of the bottom part of the skeleton of the scoly so moving it wont do anything.
Is the Scoly still on a plug or attached to LR?

Nutramar Foods

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Japanese Kanji.

Still the same stuff in the bottle.

Ober_Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered that exact one because the other products I use were not available on prime. I’m in a similar spot where I just wanted to use it on some larger ones because my ORA Aptasia Eating Filefish just arrived and I’m hoping he does most of the work once he is comfortable.

All that to say this, the product did not come in with mandarin looking writing on it, all English from what I saw on the box and the bottle. It’s actually more expensive than the products I have used in the past and I like that it’s not as thick. Hopefully it works as well as others while my AEFF gets adjusted to its new home.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

did not work for me at all. Try this:
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back