Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See attached photo where I have a Kessil AP700. Is this good enough or do I need two or a change altogether?
Thanks all.

C3D47187-BB81-464D-B44E-73401E2F80D2.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

ecamden

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how big your tank is and what corals you have. I had 3 on a 6ft 180 gallon sps dominant and they worked great. I posted the par measurements a year or so ago

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
mymarinedream

mymarinedream

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how big your tank is and what corals you have. I had 3 on a 6ft 180 gallon sps dominant and they worked great. I posted the par measurements a year or so ago
One hammer LPS at the bottom. Introduced 2 monti and acro. Put them up top but they don’t seem impressed.

ecamden

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One hammer LPS at the bottom. Introduced 2 monti and acro. Put them up top but they don’t seem impressed.
How long is your tank? Also, what lighting schedule are you running? You could consider adding t5 hybrid to your system if you're not reaching the par you want (assuming you tested par). The aquatic life fixture is way less then another ap700

Josh_boss

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been set up a year now but never had sps success. Those are only softies, gsp. Which would grow anywhere. Lol
Yeah you might want to assume that they aren’t getting enough light if they don’t Do well on the bottom. Normally you will see browning if it’s the light that is the issue because too much and you get bleaching but too little you get browning. If you can do another lighting setup I highly recommend a photon v2+ From reef breeders. I have had great results and battle corals use the same light. You can get away with testing the par, I did. But knowing that you have a good light is the start. Here is my tank with a 4 and 2 foot reef breeders connected.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Nutramar Foods

Amado

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See attached photo where I have a Kessil AP700. Is this good enough or do I need two or a change altogether?
Thanks all.

View attachment 1557434

I would add a kessil 360x to the top of the tank. The Drop off part of the tank I would light it with the ap700. You need another light

Josh_boss

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is that tank? Par Meter is the only way to know for sure.
Par meters are expensive and all corals are different in each tank. Me and a few buddies where I live swap frags all the time and everyone’s par is not the same, some much more that others and the corals show signs that will let you know what is happening. I have a sps that burns far before any other so that is the coral I listen too if I’m dosing too much alk. I have a greens birds nest that browns first before the others and that one lets me know to increase or decrease light. Also the LPS stretches when not enough light, or bleach when too much light. If people can’t afford the par meter then you have to follow your corals closely. That’s my perspective on a par meter, too pricey and if you follow the cheat sheets that let you know the placement of sps you still can kill them. So just start low and move them up slowly until the are happy and have good polyp extension. :)

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
mymarinedream

mymarinedream

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a kessil 360x to the top of the tank. The Drop off part of the tank I would light it with the ap700. You need another light
Would they sync? You think that’s better than selling the Kessil and getting a fitting that spans the tank. Like the Maxspect rsx 200 or something similar. My tanks 110cm long.

Amado

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would they sync? You think that’s better than selling the Kessil and getting a fitting that spans the tank. Like the Maxspect rsx 200 or something similar. My tanks 110cm long.
Yes they can work with one controller.
I would stay with kessil your tank looks good. you just need more light

OP
OP
mymarinedream

mymarinedream

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no reason why that light shouldn’t work for sps. Out of curiosity, what are your water parameters? It’s sometimes good to get a different perspective and even I miss things from time to time.
Yesterday’s tests
NO3- 10ppm
PO4- 0.025ppm
Ca 425
Mg1300
Alk 7.5
K 389
its staying quite consistent lately. Just dosed Alk to nudge to 8.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back