Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry so much, they're probably just getting used to their new home. Do you have a skimmer? If not, try getting a small skimmer. You might need to oxygenate the water. Fishes need oxygen in the water to breathe. Take a close look to see if you think there's enough flow. You might need more flow. You want a considerable amount of flow to get the tank established.

BRS

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Wally is doing well so far. I am dipping him in Paraguard daily and he seems to tolerate it well. Tomorrow will be his third and last day of treatment.
he is eating well and swims happily all around the tank.
I am testing the water daily and so far is good.

Is there anything else I can do to help him? I hear that if Rosa died from Brook he is pretty much doomed as well... specially in inexperienced hands. Should I get the formalin anyway and give it to Wally? Anything else I can do? (TBH I feel my LFS has not been very helpful in giving me more advise/tools to help Wally)

Thank you again to all of you who took the time to comment and try to help us!

Paraguard, as a dip, won't treat Brooklynella effectively if you put the fish back into the infected tank (the fish just gets reinfected). It does have some benefit in a "dip and move" scenario, where the fish gets moved to a brook-free tank after the dip. A constant formalin bath (called a static bath) is better because it treats the fish and the tank.

I wonder though, if the tank had Brook? Your clownfish went downhill so fast, it should have been showing symptoms at the LFS. Brook kills quickly, but not that fast. Then, the second clown not showing symptoms is odd, Brook usually spreads throughout all clownfish in a tank.

Jay

OP
OP
anabechara

anabechara

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paraguard, as a dip, won't treat Brooklynella effectively if you put the fish back into the infected tank (the fish just gets reinfected). It does have some benefit in a "dip and move" scenario, where the fish gets moved to a brook-free tank after the dip. A constant formalin bath (called a static bath) is better because it treats the fish and the tank.

I wonder though, if the tank had Brook? Your clownfish went downhill so fast, it should have been showing symptoms at the LFS. Brook kills quickly, but not that fast. Then, the second clown not showing symptoms is odd, Brook usually spreads throughout all clownfish in a tank.

Jay
Yes! I was reading that... maybe the whitish coloring that I saw was just hypoxia...
I do believe there is enough flow in the tank with the hang on the back filter and the powerhead... so really I don't know why Rosa died... the fish at LFS are doing well (I went there to check).
In any case, Wally is doing great so far. He is eating well, swimming all around the tank... he likes to go up the stream of the power head and then lets go and does over and over... he also knows when I come by to feed him and comes to the surface of the water to wait for his pellets...
I am also testing the water daily and all parameters are steady and good.

Anyway, I truly hope he is okay cause I am already so in love with this little fishy!

Thank you so much for your help and for following up!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

BSA
Back