Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I loved the way my Avatar Chalice looked until I lost in my tank crash a few years ago, but most would say its a average chalice. :rolleyes:

On the water change, I would go to a every other week water change and try and raise you N0-3 and P04, unless you are trying for a ULN tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I loved the way my Avatar Chalice looked until I lost in my tank crash a few years ago, but most would say its a average chalice. :rolleyes:

On the water change, I would go to a every other week water change and try and raise you N0-3 and P04, unless you are trying for a ULN tank.
it’s kinda a nano reef so i cant do that

Corals.com

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s kinda a nano reef so i cant do that
Then I would spot feed them Reef Roids.

@Mastiffsrule brought up a good point, what are you using for lighting and what other corals do you have in the tank, so we can get a feel for the tank?

OREGONIC

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t quite look like a Hollywood stunner to me but it may be. If it is it is a bulletproof coral that will grow like a weed once it settles in. They are really tough and almost impossible to get rid of once settled. Mine grew out of control so I removed it. Kept finding spots where it was regrowing, took many doses of kalk paste to kill off the remnants. Great beginner coral that will survive reef keeping learning and will explode in growth once semi stability is achieved.

AS
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I would spot feed them Reef Roids.

@Mastiffsrule brought up a good point, what are you using for lighting and what other corals do you have in the tank, so we can get a feel for the tank?
it’s a random light that i got with the tank called skkye light the rest of the corals are mushrooms and kenya tree another chalice candy cane and a cabbage leather i’m trying to get rid of

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t quite look like a Hollywood stunner to me but it may be. If it is it is a bulletproof coral that will grow like a weed once it settles in. They are really tough and almost impossible to get rid of once settled. Mine grew out of control so I removed it. Kept finding spots where it was regrowing, took many doses of kalk paste to kill off the remnants. Great beginner coral that will survive reef keeping learning and will explode in growth once semi stability is achieved.
ok thanks but i missed the stability today because i couldn’t top of the tank this morning

Avast

OREGONIC

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks but i missed the stability today because i couldn’t top of the tank this morning

Missing a top off is not the end of the world and should not harm a stunner. I made many mistakes over the first year or two of reefing and my stunner survived it all. There were a few times it almost completely bleached out only to regain its color over the next few weeks then would start growing as if nothing happened. Here is an old pic of it, I would cut it back to a donut size every 4ish months when it reached the size of a small dinner plate.
7ED54B9E-939C-4726-B21B-D1D5A11E566C.jpeg

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missing a top off is not the end of the world and should not harm a stunner. I made many mistakes over the first year or two of reefing and my stunner survived it all. There were a few times it almost completely bleached out only to regain its color over the next few weeks then would start growing as if nothing happened. Here is an old pic of it, I would cut it back to a donut size every 4ish months when it reached the size of a small dinner plate.View attachment 1733302
ok i thinking this was a lighting problem then or is it something else

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquatic Life TDS Pen Offer
Back