Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me that has issues with so much new equipment and has to spend time and money dealing with support and returning items?

Over the last month I have had to return:

Hanna Salinity tester: I used for a few months before realising it was out of tolerance even after calibration (Returned and exchanged at my cost)

Parwise: I have had it a couple of months, I wasn't happy with the readings I was getting, I finally found someone else local that had one and mine was reading about 50 par lower than theirs (Returned at my cost - waiting for results of testing)

GHL ProfiLux 4 Mega-Set 6E: Bought new, when it arrived the temperature just shows 0 at all times - I was asked to send back to Germany from the UK (don't know the cost but wont be cheap), On return I will have to pay import tax and vat. Vat alone will be £150. Then because I said I wouldn't pay for this they ask me to return to the retailer in the UK again at my cost for it to then be retuned to Germany by the retailer for repair. It was bought new not a cheaper warranty repair/refurbished item!

CLICK TO VIEW

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me that has issues with so much new equipment and has to spend time and money dealing with support and returning items?

Over the last month I have had to return:

Hanna Salinity tester: I used for a few months before realising it was out of tolerance even after calibration (Returned and exchanged at my cost)

Parwise: I have had it a couple of months, I wasn't happy with the readings I was getting, I finally found someone else local that had one and mine was reading about 50 par lower than theirs (Returned at my cost - waiting for results of testing)

GHL ProfiLux 4 Mega-Set 6E: Bought new, when it arrived the temperature just shows 0 at all times - I was asked to send back to Germany from the UK (don't know the cost but wont be cheap), On return I will have to pay import tax and vat. Vat alone will be £150. Then because I said I wouldn't pay for this they ask me to return to the retailer in the UK again at my cost for it to then be retuned to Germany by the retailer for repair. It was bought new not a cheaper warranty repair/refurbished item!
I’ve been low tech in reefing thus far, but I have the same sort of luck in the rest of my life :face-with-tears-of-joy: Always getting the oddball computer that loaded the obscure corrupted file or something:rolleyes:

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I introduce to my friend K.I.S.
We complain a lot in the US and then hear what others are going through and I then count my blessings.
My Kessil 360X just went out, it is old but I rarely used it and when I did it was for a moonlight. Abuse it, hate it ignore it, it keeps on ticking like the Ever-Ready Bunny.

AquaCave Logo Banner
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Cultivated Reef
Back