Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I am planning for starting up either a second tank or upgrading (from a 24g nano to a 125g tanks worthy of a tang), curious if there is a way to spend extra time cycling the rock / aquascape in order to grow out coralline before adding inhabitants.

Since I am not in a rush and also expecting to incorporate elements of a habitat-based negative-space-aquascape, wondering what else I can do to ease the transition of a new / upgraded system. I am hoping there might be some things to do as part of the cycling process so that the rocks look mature at the start (when I add fish / coral).

Any suggestions?
Some actual live rock, even just a bit of it from one of the suppliers out of Florida would help speed it along.

You would still need to ghost feed the tank, throw in some clean up crew and dose the big 3 to keeps those in check. Basically normal testing and corrections to keep all params stable and the same as you would for corals.

If love rock is not an option, cycle the tank, add some snails with coralline them and it will grow as well. Can even get some scrapings from a local reefer to seed the tank as well.

OP
OP
FTW-Reef

FTW-Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some actual live rock, even just a bit of it from one of the suppliers out of Florida would help speed it along.

You would still need to ghost feed the tank, throw in some clean up crew and dose the big 3 to keeps those in check. Basically normal testing and corrections to keep all params stable and the same as you would for corals.

If love rock is not an option, cycle the tank, add some snails with coralline them and it will grow as well. Can even get some scrapings from a local reefer to seed the tank as well.

Thank you sir!

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back