Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking it would be cool if you took a large diameter pipe turned it into a filter, then covered in rock and sand to make it a functional filter and functional part of the scape. It would take a lot of ruble, glue, and epoxy. . . but could be cool.

Was thinking you could use "base rock" to make the bottom large then work your way up creating a ledges and overhangs as you wanted. then the top could have a lid OR a large base or "flatz" rock on top.

Was thinking that at an early stage you could rough up the outside of the pipe, cover it in superglue, and roll it in sand and rubble. . . so that even if there was exposed pipe. . . it would not be exposed haha

running the cords would be kinda ugly. . . unless maybe you plumbed through the bottom of the tank some how?

really complicated solution for a problem that doesn't exist!!! YEAH!!!

Enjoy this photo realistic, to scale, rendering:

1683821356049.png

CLICK TO VIEW
Nutramar Foods

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Tunze already makes something like this,,, or maybe it's just a "rock" for hiding a small power head,,, don't remember.
It’s both. They make a simple black box with a pump that you can put media and an ATO in (90% sure it will take an ATO) It’s based on the same black box their skimmers see made of.

They also make a fake rock for putting their powerhead into.

OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that in-tank filtration is not a new or novel idea. . . like I said, a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Just have never seen one as big as I am thinking or as a functional piece of scape. . .

Thinking like 6" diameter pipe in a smaller tank but sky is the limit in a big tank. Also could customize it to have multiple outlets in multiple directions.

Just a "fun" idea with little practice application.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AF
Back