Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Someone else selling the same light under a different brand? More or less $$? I'd be keen to hear more.

It was basically the same light with less control and wider+not as long. They don't make that anymore. I think for you I would check out these and decide based on features and mounting styles

noopsyche (2-3 minis I think should be able to do the trick, or two double puck fixtures)
Reefbrite Lumilite/lumilite pro
AI blade.

These are all relatively cheap fixtures that should get the job done. The reefbreeder is also an option if you want that. If it were me, I'd go with either the noopsyche or the ai blades.

Last edited:

Midrats

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 EXT here. Every square inch is evenly illuminated by one fixture, an 8 bulb Sunpower.
PXL_20230212_225629491.jpg

nothing_fancy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM 40 and previously had an older Hydra fixture on it that I found unreliable. The newer stuff is probably better but the fixture would lose connectivity and it was a pain to reconnect. I switched over to (2) Kessil A360X last year and have been very happy with them. Never had any connectivity issues and the coverage is excellent. You could probably get away with (1) 360x fixture if you aren't gonna get into certain corals.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
noopsyche (2-3 minis I think should be able to do the trick, or two double puck fixtures)
AI blade.
AI blade.

An AI prime with a couple blades doesn't sounds like a bad solution.....

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radion really would be the go to, but man, that price. I get that they are nice lights but at nearly double the cost of anything else that make it pretty tough to swallow.

The SR60 isn't out of the question. That really would be my first choice for a tank. You make a good point about the lighting though.

I appreciate the input!!
Assume most lights cover a 24x24x16” deep square (Radion, Kessil, etc). So a 30” tank as an example is going to require the same amount of lights as a 48”

I had 4 Kessil A360x’s die within 60 days or so of each other…right outside of warranty. I don’t recommend them anymore as a main light.

Know this- whatever light you do buy, aim for about 70-80% power. Don’t get something you have to run at 100%. It will die quicker.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
C

carguy4471

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far the ones that have got me most interested are the Reefi Uno and the ReefBreeders Photon v2 24".

The Reefi looks like a PAR hammer! Their customer support seems to think a single Uno would work for an IM 50 or SR 60. Impressive if that's the case.

The ReefBreeder light as a bar vs a puck seems like it's have great spread and the PAR looks adequate.

Still hoping to hear more thoughts on these or other ideas. Can't thank everyone enough for their input!! I really do appreciate it!!

Reefplnr

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kessil AP9X over my 50 Lagoon. It’s been excellent but I am considering putting an AI Blade over the system to supplement the AP9X. I bought the Kessil extension bar to move it forward in the tank and will place the AI Blade Grow across the back. Not sure if I should go with the 30.1 or the 20.1.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back