Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last few days i've noticed a bunch of pen tip sized white spots pop up on my glass. I managed to get a pretty good picture of it. Are these baby snails or some type of worm? It looks like a shell.

P_20201019_131825.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
MarshallB

MarshallB

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. Should I be worried? They seem reef save, but I just looked up some infestation threads and wow.... I started feeding a bit more and halved my skimming duration in attempts to up my nitrates so my zoas to fully open again. I'm having second thoughts about that right now.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 spirorbid
Can confirm. Scrap off if they are unsightly but otherwise no issues. If you scrape off, other things should take the place of consuming the excess nutrients they are filtering out of the water eventually.

Nutramar Foods

ScottR

Surfing....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. Should I be worried? They seem reef save, but I just looked up some infestation threads and wow.... I started feeding a bit more and halved my skimming duration in attempts to up my nitrates so my zoas to fully open again. I'm having second thoughts about that right now.
You’ll eventually see lots of them. Nothing to worry about. They are sessile, meaning they don’t move. They do reproduce a lot. But I’ve found that as your tank ages, they reduce in numbers.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back