ICP phosphate test vs home test

nasdds

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
So I do monthly ICP testing through Triton. Every time I get my results back it says my phosphates are in the .01-.04 range. There’s a HUGE discrepancy between this and my home testing I do with my Hanna testers which show around .4-.6 (I have double checked with both ULR and LR Testers). Corals do look happy so I haven’t been overly concerned but does anyone have any thoughts? Thank you.

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate ICP results are notoriously inaccurate due to degradation/absorption to bottles. Oceamo actually has a vial of stabilizer in their ICP kit to help this issue, but I’m not sure triton does the same.

In general, I would trust your hannah. ICP is best left to elemental analysis rather than more complex molecules like phosphate.

OP
OP
nasdds

nasdds

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate ICP results are notoriously inaccurate due to degradation/absorption to bottles. Oceamo actually has a vial of stabilizer in their ICP kit to help this issue, but I’m not sure triton does the same.

In general, I would trust your hannah. ICP is best left to elemental analysis rather than more complex molecules like phosphate.
This makes a lot of sense. Thank you so much.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back