Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drives me crazy last yr September I been trying to keep my tank ick free and I am having a such a hard time I don’t know what else to do

start over bleach the system

35B74CBE-2279-449F-8AA6-25619905A363.jpeg 8F8501E9-D166-428C-8A17-9B6A82ADB8EA.jpeg D52F8F23-A20B-42C7-B551-D53AF0E75B10.png image.jpg image.jpg

BRS
Avast
OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the way I was told to treat ich. I wouldn't go as far as breaking down your system ich is manageable there are plenty of threads on it.

I tried two times doesn’t work and my UV I am running is not working that good I even changed the bulbs on the UV so

what’s NEXT

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the way I was told to treat ich. I wouldn't go as far as breaking down your system ich is manageable there are plenty of threads on it.

I use to have this fish not sure what happened to em I don’t see him any more it was eating ick I also have 4 clean up shrimp they don’t do any good

01xp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shrimp will not help they can't get into the gills or under the skin. They literally are just scratching the surface. The uv will help but only catch the free swimmers not the parasites that are on the fish already. The fish you use to have was that the hippo? And now you can't find him? That's a major stressor if he passed and is I. The tank somewhere.

01xp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would do is.
1. Catch and qt all fish and treat with copper
2. Leave tank empty for recommend time
3. Keep the uv running to help kill the free swimmers
I know you said that you know this but that's the treatment I tried to find a reef safe ich treatment I even tried a few ( kick ich, ich attack ) they don't kill the parasites well if at all. I lost a 3in foxface, a flame angel to it while trying cause I didn't what to qt. The products might work with time but you might not have the time.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shrimp will not help they can't get into the gills or under the skin. They literally are just scratching the surface. The uv will help but only catch the free swimmers not the parasites that are on the fish already. The fish you use to have was that the hippo? And now you can't find him? That's a major stressor if he passed and is I. The tank somewhere.

It want hippo it had silver black line on am

OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would do is.
1. Catch and qt all fish and treat with copper
2. Leave tank empty for recommend time
3. Keep the uv running to help kill the free swimmers
I know you said that you know this but that's the treatment I tried to find a reef safe ich treatment I even tried a few ( kick ich, ich attack ) they don't kill the parasites well if at all. I lost a 3in foxface, a flame angel to it while trying cause I didn't what to qt. The products might work with time but you might not have the time.

I am in LA weather over here is hot I got1 chiller corals will die or fish will die

I should buy 3 of dose fish he did a great job cleaning the ick of the fish

01xp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in ny so I'm not as hot so I don't run a chiller but to help i put my tank right under a ac vent. It helps in the summer my tank stays right at 78 degrees. That's my little hack to save money maybe it helps. If you watch diy fishkeeper on YouTube he doesn't even have heaters on his tanks he's in Canada let's the whole building be the heater chiller

BRS
OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in ny so I'm not as hot so I don't run a chiller but to help i put my tank right under a ac vent. It helps in the summer my tank stays right at 78 degrees. That's my little hack to save money maybe it helps. If you watch diy fishkeeper on YouTube he doesn't even have heaters on his tanks he's in Canada let's the whole building be the heater chiller

Thank you for caring and taking your time

my powder blue and another tangs not as bad as the blue yes it’s magnet

forgot the fish name that was eating the ick he was doing a such a great JOB I don't see am any more not sure what happen to him

OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got this 2 Radion G5 cuz of that my water gets hot

Big G

captain dunsel
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should buy 3 of dose fish he did a great job cleaning the ick of the fish
Cleaner fish and cleaner shrimp do not remove the ich parasites. They are removing/consuming the dead skin, scales from the fish. While this may temporarily "knock off" some of the parasites it does nothing to remove the parasites from the tank.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
hyeclass

hyeclass

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner fish and cleaner shrimp do not remove the ich parasites. They are removing/consuming the dead skin, scales from the fish. While this may temporarily "knock off" some of the parasites it does nothing to remove the parasites from the tank.

hello BigG your remember me since last yr I cannot get this ick out of my tank what’s my next move

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NYOS
Back