Ick Treatment

Ox100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I've had my QT/copper bath running for about a month with a Convict Tang, Three yellow watchman goby's, Yellow Coris wrasse. In DT tank the Wrasse, Tang showed sign's of ick with flashing on rocks but all fish were health and didn't get any white spots just rubbed on rocks. The goby's were fine i guess? IE no rubbing on rocks. Now a month later everyone looks fine eating well as usual 'But tang still Rubbing on tank copper levels monitored never lower than .04 should i assume the goby's are ick free and it's only the tang and maybe the wrasse being affected?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi all I've had my QT/copper bath running for about a month with a Convict Tang, Three yellow watchman goby's, Yellow Coris wrasse. In DT tank the Wrasse, Tang showed sign's of ick with flashing on rocks but all fish were health and didn't get any white spots just rubbed on rocks. The goby's were fine i guess? IE no rubbing on rocks. Now a month later everyone looks fine eating well as usual 'But tang still Rubbing on tank copper levels monitored never lower than .04 should i assume the goby's are ick free and it's only the tang and maybe the wrasse being affected?
Please post pics under white light intensity. While they can get ich, they are more susceptible to flukes and flashing is a strong trait of flukes.
How are you testing the copper level?

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah testing copper levels weekly never lower than .04

What copper product are you using? Did you mean .4?

Second to a full copper treatment, new fish should also be treated with praziquantel for flukes.

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back