Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
49CBB8C3-175F-4494-B1AF-F8D4FC39B38F.jpeg
FB397009-B238-4E3C-80F1-3797B2DD5C86.jpeg
66FD9E6D-AB37-4EF1-95AB-549330FC3525.jpeg
07623B3A-5811-41EC-ABF0-195827470B53.jpeg
I got the tang about a month ago and it was fine. Eating and acting normal etc. but when I got the fish I did notice some white spots, but they ended up going away. So far it hasn’t been scratching against rock/sand. Should I be worried? Is it something that will come and go?? Need help before I lose my mind

Nutramar Foods

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell from the pictures. When marine ich first starts up, the spots come and go and change location. Over days to a week, the number of spots generally increases until the fish becomes visibly ill.

Ich spots look like clearly defined grains of salt on the fish at first, later on, they get covered in mucus and look more diffuse.

I think you need to watch this for for more definite sings of ich - but do you have a treatment tank available? What other fish are in with it?

Jay

OP
OP
R

raging_bolts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell from the pictures. When marine ich first starts up, the spots come and go and change location. Over days to a week, the number of spots generally increases until the fish becomes visibly ill.

Ich spots look like clearly defined grains of salt on the fish at first, later on, they get covered in mucus and look more diffuse.

I think you need to watch this for for more definite sings of ich - but do you have a treatment tank available? What other fish are in with it?

Jay
I have a 10 gallon treatment, but I have 2 clowns, fire goby and a snowflake eel. Could it be lympho or something else?

resortez

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Jay, keep’em under observation. The sailfin looks very healthy aside the spots on the tail, nice & plump. A variety of foods helps in maintaining good health giving the tang better chances of fighting the infection. In my personal experience but not always, the eyes & fins lose their transparency & become cloudy, that has been a clear sign for me of when to take immediate action. Loss of appetite is the worst symptom. Hopefully it’s nothing too aggressive. If possible, try adding some skunk shrimps aka cleaners or cleaner wrasse or cleaner goby if you can find one. Best of luck.

OP
OP
R

raging_bolts

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Jay, keep’em under observation. The sailfin looks very healthy aside the spots on the tail, nice & plump. A variety of foods helps in maintaining good health giving the tang better chances of fighting the infection. In my personal experience but not always, the eyes & fins lose their transparency & become cloudy, that has been a clear sign for me of when to take immediate action. Loss of appetite is the worst symptom. Hopefully it’s nothing too aggressive. If possible, try adding some skunk shrimps aka cleaners or cleaner wrasse or cleaner goby if you can find one. Best of luck.
Appreciate it. I always feed my fish new life spectrum and for the grazers some ocean nutrition seaweed extract and occasionally some brine shrimp.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon treatment, but I have 2 clowns, fire goby and a snowflake eel. Could it be lympho or something else?

I do not think you would be able to treat all of those fish in a ten gallon tank, sorry.

Maybe try posting a video? Sometimes the focus on a video is better and we can get a better diagnosis.

Jay

rocket098

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would feed as much as you can to get them ready for outbreak if you can’t do copper. I would also get a Uv as large as you can find even if it’s just temporary it will help overcome the ich. Advising from my personal experience

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back